Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Somebody install the official RUU 4.2.2? I need help to install this update

OP dragon1876

18th March 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I´m new here and need help to install the official update I have a Htc one x+ Thanks
19th March 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 5
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1876

I´m new here and need help to install the official update I have a Htc one x+ Thanks

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-x-plus-att/news/ = RUU link

Charge phone to 100%
Enter fastboot mode
Fastboot oem lock

Then, run the ruu
Guide here: http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-t...htc-one-s.html
(same process for one s and one x)
19th March 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
one x+
I follow that steps but doesn´t work
19th March 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 5
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1876

I follow that steps but doesn´t work

Can you be more specific? What did not work?
19th March 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvandi

Can you be more specific? What did not work?

Ok, yesterday I download the 4.2.2 update from HTC website, then proceeded to update by following the steps in the same web, everything was ok normal, finish updating and restart the phone, then when the phone turn on I noticed three situations the phone will not update and continues with 4.1.1 JB, the other is the wifi does not connect fails and the last the partition of the internal memory does not appear!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140318-WA0003.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	2638759  
20th March 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 5
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1876

Ok, yesterday I download the 4.2.2 update from HTC website, then proceeded to update by following the steps in the same web, everything was ok normal, finish updating and restart the phone, then when the phone turn on I noticed three situations the phone will not update and continues with 4.1.1 JB, the other is the wifi does not connect fails and the last the partition of the internal memory does not appear!!!!

OK, are you sure you charged your phone? The RUU needs at least 30% battery. Also, select fastboot before you run the RUU.

After you click next, it should say that the RUU has recognized your device and it will run on its own.
12th April 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #7  
Najmus's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Go here and follow the instructions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46123016

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Najmus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
no luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Go here and follow the instructions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46123016

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, but I had no success with that procedure (see my post on page 46 of that thread).
Everything went smoothly, but still stuck at HTC logo.
15th April 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #9  
Najmus's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg209

Thanks, but I had no success with that procedure (see my post on page 46 of that thread).
Everything went smoothly, but still stuck at HTC logo.

Do you have the boot.img file of your previous software? I mean of 4.1.1 ??
If yes then you should flash that boot.img. then it should work

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
working on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmus

Do you have the boot.img file of your previous software? I mean of 4.1.1 ??
If yes then you should flash that boot.img. then it should work

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, attempting to do this, but I'm unable to unzip the stock roms in the 1.19 or 1.15 RUU to get that boot.img. I can unzip the 2.15 RUU rom just fine. Not sure what the problem is. I tried just running the earlier RUUs in the past, but they failed because it was the "wrong version" for my phone. Now I wonder if those failures were due to an invalid rom zip. Got these RUUs from AndroidRUU.

**edit: I cannot extract the roms (7z) for the earlier RUUs, only for 2.15. So I do not have access to the boot.img of the previous 4.1.1. Running the RUUs results in an "image error".
Last edited by mrg209; 16th April 2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: update with new info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes