Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 52,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 battery issues

Tip us?
 
liongame
Old
#1  
liongame's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod 11 battery issues

Since i switched to Maclaw's CM 11 about a month ago and i had no trouble with the phone untill i updated to version 3/8 and the versions after that..the battery gets drained fast even when the phone is always underclocked to 200 MHz which never made an issue for me in terms of being a bit slow.
It used to drop just 1% every 15 min with heavy data use..a lot of the time it even lasted more than that! Now drops 1% every 5 min or less with the same heavy data use!!!

What went wrong?
 
GXGOW
Old
#2  
GXGOW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 576
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
It's just CM 11. Remember, it's still under heavy development, so it's not 100% yet. Don't worry, they'll get it fixed.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running MaclawStudio's Carbon 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to GXGOW For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
liongame
Old
#3  
liongame's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW View Post
It's just CM 11. Remember, it's still under heavy development, so it's not 100% yet. Don't worry, they'll get it fixed.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running MaclawStudio's Carbon 4.4.2
I do hope they do.
Does Carbon has that battery drain problem too or is more stable than CM?
 
GXGOW
Old
#4  
GXGOW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 576
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by liongame View Post
I do hope they do.
Does Carbon has that battery drain problem too or is more stable than CM?
My battery lasts the whole day with moderate use.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running MaclawStudio's Carbon 4.4.2
 
larscn
Old
#5  
larscn's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 63
Join Date: Aug 2011
I have the same problem, but haven't tracked down what it is that that drains the battery other than Android system.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
--
ASUS tf300t CM11 - Samsung SIII mini CM11 - MiniX X7 stock
Here's how to change your ASUS tf300t digitizer:
Read before DIY repairs on Asus TF300T
 
liongame
Old
#6  
liongame's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW View Post
My battery lasts the whole day with moderate use.

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running MaclawStudio's Carbon 4.4.2
I think i'm gonna give Carbon a go if the problem continues .

Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn View Post
I have the same problem, but haven't tracked down what it is that that drains the battery other than Android system.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
Yeah but something changed after that 3/25 version. I've updated to the latest version yesterday and will put it under test today; hopefully the problem will be gone.
 
Aronuser
Old
#7  
Aronuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 540
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by liongame View Post
I think i'm gonna give Carbon a go if the problem continues .



Yeah but something changed after that 3/25 version. I've updated to the latest version yesterday and will put it under test today; hopefully the problem will be gone.
would be cool to hear if carbon made a chance then
 
larscn
Old
#8  
larscn's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 63
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser View Post
would be cool to hear if carbon made a chance then
Got a lot better with Carbon without doing any more scientific research into what was eating my battery. If you still have CM installed, maybe a simple "top -m 10" in an adb shell will give a clue to what the power drain is. (I'm new to adb and forget how easy it is can be to have a linux shell on my phone. )
--
ASUS tf300t CM11 - Samsung SIII mini CM11 - MiniX X7 stock
Here's how to change your ASUS tf300t digitizer:
Read before DIY repairs on Asus TF300T
The Following User Says Thank You to larscn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Aronuser
Old
(Last edited by Aronuser; 21st March 2014 at 11:28 AM.)
#9  
Aronuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 540
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn View Post
Got a lot better with Carbon without doing any more scientific research into what was eating my battery. If you still have CM installed, maybe a simple "top -m 10" in an adb shell will give a clue to what the power drain is. (I'm new to adb and forget how easy it is can be to have a linux shell on my phone. )
hey thank you so far, i just got CM 2 days and i'm not sure about the battery drain so far. but if you found out what it was at you, please tell me. ah and btw. i heard skype has an issue with it, do you have it installed?

also: whats the differencte of CARBON from CM?

/edit: I tried the parameter, and it says 94% sorta is "system server" is this normal?
 
Aronuser
Old
#10  
Aronuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 540
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by liongame View Post
Since i switched to Maclaw's CM 11 about a month ago and i had no trouble with the phone untill i updated to version 3/8 and the versions after that..the battery gets drained fast even when the phone is always underclocked to 200 MHz which never made an issue for me in terms of being a bit slow.
It used to drop just 1% every 15 min with heavy data use..a lot of the time it even lasted more than that! Now drops 1% every 5 min or less with the same heavy data use!!!

What went wrong?


Hey all looks like i found a way!

check this, i just made a solution thread about it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51278758
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes