Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Request] I9506 Modems

OP adiszep

18th March 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello
I live in Romania and own a I9506 from other country and in some poor signal areas the phone loses signal and emergency calls only appears while other i9505 holds the signal from same carrier (Orange Romania).
I would like if someone would help with a few modems to try and see if there is a difference in the signal quality.
Thanks in advance
Adrian
21st March 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
So ... it seems that this device lacks the support ... Pitty for a device this powerful ... Wil sell and buy something else
21st March 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

120 posts
More
Well you can extract modems by yourself. Just download the software you want and extract it with 7zip.
We don't know what's you're on now.
21st March 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag suceava
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiszep

Hello
I live in Romania and own a I9506 from other country and in some poor signal areas the phone loses signal and emergency calls only appears while other i9505 holds the signal from same carrier (Orange Romania).
I would like if someone would help with a few modems to try and see if there is a difference in the signal quality.
Thanks in advance
Adrian

Try and flash the modem from the nordic countries( http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26191 ). I have the phone too, but i don,t have that problems with the signal, also orange Romania. I bought it from Sweden.
24th March 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Just flashed the nordic rom... will post if it works or not. thanks all
25th March 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Ok so the problem is this ... The phone does not connect to network on gsm mode ... if it's on auto lte/wcdma/gsm it works on wcdma. If i select gsm only it does not connect to network. On manual search it all goes ok finds all networks but when I sellect my carrier it says registering on network for about 3-5 mins and after that can't register to network error. On other phone it registers with edge speed.
What can I try ???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread