Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] I9506 Modems

Tip us?

adiszep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Request] I9506 Modems

Hello
I live in Romania and own a I9506 from other country and in some poor signal areas the phone loses signal and emergency calls only appears while other i9505 holds the signal from same carrier (Orange Romania).
I would like if someone would help with a few modems to try and see if there is a difference in the signal quality.
Thanks in advance
Adrian

adiszep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So ... it seems that this device lacks the support ... Pitty for a device this powerful ... Wil sell and buy something else

mar10o
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Well you can extract modems by yourself. Just download the software you want and extract it with 7zip.
We don't know what's you're on now.

Andrey765
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiszep View Post
Hello
I live in Romania and own a I9506 from other country and in some poor signal areas the phone loses signal and emergency calls only appears while other i9505 holds the signal from same carrier (Orange Romania).
I would like if someone would help with a few modems to try and see if there is a difference in the signal quality.
Thanks in advance
Adrian
Try and flash the modem from the nordic countries( http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26191 ). I have the phone too, but i don,t have that problems with the signal, also orange Romania. I bought it from Sweden.
Device: ---->EVO 3D
---->HTC Wildfire (old)

adiszep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just flashed the nordic rom... will post if it works or not. thanks all

adiszep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so the problem is this ... The phone does not connect to network on gsm mode ... if it's on auto lte/wcdma/gsm it works on wcdma. If i select gsm only it does not connect to network. On manual search it all goes ok finds all networks but when I sellect my carrier it says registering on network for about 3-5 mins and after that can't register to network error. On other phone it registers with edge speed.
What can I try ???