Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint VVM

Tip us?

Robisgnarly
Old
(Last edited by Robisgnarly; 19th March 2014 at 03:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default Sprint VVM

not sure if this is the right place, but i haven't seen this on the G2 forums.... this apk of sprints vvm was ripped from my htc one and works great on aosp roms for the G2 running KK. If you Mods need to move it i understand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mxke3z8u6...vtt-sprint.apk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robisgnarly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Goodsdept
Old
Thanks Meter 3
for what is this?

Robisgnarly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsdept View Post
for what is this?
sprint's visual voicemail app. no aosp/aokp come with any type of voicemail and, i personally really like the stock voice mail, this will work on kit kat on any aosp/aokp.

Koopa777
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Wait seriously? If so this is awesome. I HATE phoning in for my voicemail on AOSP haha. I'm going to try ripping the apk from the G2(I'm sure they're the same, but my OCD commands that I do) and report back later my findings.

On a side note, what voicemail is on the Nexus 5? Or is it the same "phoning in" procedure?
Phone: Google Nexus 5 "hammerhead" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS Kernel: ElementalX 1.00
Tablet: Amazon Kindle Fire (Gen 1) "otterx" ROM: CM11-F2FS by Hashcode
Tablet: Google Nexus 10 "manta" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS-All Kernel: KT-Manta F2FS-All
Retired: Sprint Motorola Photon 4G "sunfire", Sprint LG G2 "LS980"

Robisgnarly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777 View Post
Wait seriously? If so this is awesome. I HATE phoning in for my voicemail on AOSP haha. I'm going to try ripping the apk from the G2(I'm sure they're the same, but my OCD commands that I do) and report back later my findings.

On a side note, what voicemail is on the Nexus 5? Or is it the same "phoning in" procedure?
no the g2 stock vvm is for 4.2 this is the 4.4.2 version from the HTC one, which i have tested on liquid smooth and works great.

Robisgnarly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777 View Post

did it work for ya?

Jawbox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you are on Sprint, you can just get Google Voice with Sprint integration which includes visual voicemail through the dialer as well as the other great features of google voice. It will use your existing mobile number without the need to port the number to Google Voice.

Robisgnarly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
If you are on Sprint, you can just get Google Voice with Sprint integration which includes visual voicemail through the dialer as well as the other great features of google voice. It will use your existing mobile number without the need to port the number to Google Voice.
yeah but g voice is pretty intrusive...... taking all your texts and i don't like that!

InsanePostman
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
Google Voice also requires call forwarding to be setup. The last time I used it and tried reverting back, It completely screwed up my voicemail and had to have sprint reset my settings on their end.
Sprint PCS Touchpoint 2200 -> Samsung SPH-A460 -> Sanyo SCP-8100 -> Sanyo MM-7400 -> Samsung MM-A900 -> Samsung UpStage -> Samsung Instinct S30 (P.O.S.) -> Blackberry 8330 -> Blackberry 9630 -> Motorola Photon 4G -> LG G2 (LG-LS980)

poszy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robisgnarly View Post
not sure if this is the right place, but i haven't seen this on the G2 forums.... this apk of sprints vvm was ripped from my htc one and works great on aosp roms for the G2 running KK. If you Mods need to move it i understand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mxke3z8u6...vtt-sprint.apk
Awesome i was looking for VVM for AOSP. going to try this out on AOKP 4.4.2 , ill let you know how it goes.
Gentooman/GNUser

-Twitter, @poszole