Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't add a Google account (Installing Play Store on unsupported devicee)

Tip us?

GameX2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Can't add a Google account (Installing Play Store on unsupported devicee)

Hi,

I'm trying to install Google Play on an unsupported device (Creative ZEN Touch 2). The device is rooted.

So far, I've downloaded the up-to-date APK of the Play Store, renamed it Vending.apk, and copied it in /system/app with the correct permissions. However, Play Store get an "error" after reboot - it says I need to configure a Google account first, I click yes, and the app just close (No force close. It just close).

Then I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R89HtH0WfuA
Seems I have to install the "GoogleServicesFramework" first, followed by "OneTimeInitializer" (What does this one does?) and "SetupWizard" (I do have a "Setup Wizard" on my device.

However, when I start the GoogleServicesFramework APK, I just get a Parse error ("There was a problem parsing the package"). The APK is not corrupted.
I notice that in my "Accounts and Sync", I don't have a Google Account, and cannot apparently add one (It's just not listed when I click "Add"). I've also installed Gmail app, and it just force close, because there's no Google account.
I tried the hard way, I've directly copied GoogleServicesFramework.apk in /system/app (Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have - but the device is unusable, a lot buggy and driver failure anyway), rebooted, but all that I have, are reccurent force close from Gmail, Dropbox and oddly ROM Manager (Dropbox and Gmail requires Sync so I would understant.. But ROM Manager? Oh well).

...So, what now? :/ Google Play could probably work, but I can't add a Google account (The device ROM was quite customized. It's not a phone, just a player)... What can I do, then?

Thanks!

Kemcy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't do this either on a Lenove p700