Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Warranty Issue

OP PeterZhao478

19th March 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Telus Mobility which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.
Last edited by PeterZhao478; 20th March 2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: little more info
19th March 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 324

1,444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterZhao478

Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Tells which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.

I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.
19th March 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960

I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.

Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.
19th March 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,074

6,206 posts
More
Quote:

Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.

here it is: https://twitter.com/htc/status/377422743626842112

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck
20th March 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck

I hope not. I remember needing to run a RUU two times because the first time I ruued I forgot to lock up my boot loader so I rerouted and locked. After locking I ran the RUU again to clear the last and that's it. My phone still has some data but nothing to do with rooting. It also had a PW on it.
20th March 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

good luck

I also have another question... Dose a RUU format the internal memory? if it doesn't then I'm screwed.........
Last edited by PeterZhao478; 20th March 2014 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Change of word
20th March 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,074

6,206 posts
More
Quote:

I also have another question... Dose a RUU format the internal memory? if it doesn't then I'm screwed.........

yes, a full ruu wipes internal storage.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread