Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,966 Members 50,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

htc one v : cant go to hboot menu

Tip us?

talalz94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default htc one v : cant go to hboot menu

Hello everyone, i just got a htc one v from my friend. after a few apps, i noticed it started to slow down and hang a lot so i decided to root it. My problem is that i cant get to hboot menu. i power off my phone (battery is almost full) then i press and hold "down" volume and power button together but nothing happens. it simply reboots like normally.i have gsm btw. i have included some software info in the attached pics. please help me..

thank you

CZNexus
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by talalz94 View Post
Hello everyone, i just got a htc one v from my friend. after a few apps, i noticed it started to slow down and hang a lot so i decided to root it. My problem is that i cant get to hboot menu. i power off my phone (battery is almost full) then i press and hold "down" volume and power button together but nothing happens. it simply reboots like normally.i have gsm btw. i have included some software info in the attached pics. please help me..

thank you
Try Harder, HOV power button is sensitive..
HTC One V > Samsung Galaxy Ace 3

Most used :
Phone :Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 [GSM]
Powered by Samsung Touchwiz Nature UX 2.0 [4.2.2]
Tablet : iPad 2 3G + WiFi
Powered by Apple iOS 7.1

Retired HTC One V
Powered by PrimoU Omega Reborn 4.2.2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CZNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bratusm
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

thank you
Well, use programs on your pc:
- WinDroid HTC One V Toolkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471243
- Android Ultimate Toolbox Pro: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886562

or similar... Just install adb drivers to pc: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979 and you're ready to go...
The Following User Says Thank You to bratusm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kvestas
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:

thank you
@bratusm mentioned tools should really help you but you may still try doing it again once more.
Just remember the sequence:
1. Press and hold the "volume down" button.
2. Press the power button to turn the phone on ("volume down" button must be pressed still).
3. Only when you'll see hboot menu you may release the "volume down" button. =)
The Following User Says Thank You to kvestas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

thank you
Go into settings and look for fastboot and untick it then repeat the v- and power

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

talalz94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks people got it ....

thread closed