FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

FM Radio Help.

19th March 2014, 07:58 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
20th March 2014, 12:48 AM |#2  
LMMT's Avatar
Senior Member
Houston area
Thanks Meter: 814
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgorham

Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P
The Following User Says Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 01:55 AM |#3  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 13,357
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P

There ya go, another validation. That mod isn't worth it if you're using the FM antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 03:08 AM |#4  
JonSCSL's Avatar
Senior Member
Annapolis Maryland
Thanks Meter: 335
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P

So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JonSCSL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 05:28 AM |#5  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 13,357
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSCSL

So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you don't use the volume m mod if you want a radio. The loudness and audio quality from viper4android doesn't need an extra kick. It's already got it. Anything on top of it is just distortion.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
20th March 2014, 02:40 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
I agree. I have used Viper for awhile and the volume mod is to much. I tried restoring the vol mod back to stock and still no workie. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
21st March 2014, 01:37 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
How do you even use the fm radio on this phone? I thought it didn't even have one.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
21st March 2014, 01:42 AM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 70
 
Donate to Me
More
Where is it cause I didn't see it on my phone and it's stock.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st March 2014, 07:28 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Next radio
You have to use the NextRadio app. I think it is the Sprint Featured folder on Stock. Also have to have the headphones plugged in.
The Following User Says Thank You to wgorham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 04:28 AM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
I was finally able to get the FM radio working on X note rom. I haven't tested any other apps at this point so I don't know the full impact of the changes.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes