FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
20th March 2014, 12:48 AM |#2  
Houston area
Thanks Meter: 1,101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgorham

Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P
The Following User Says Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LMMT Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 01:55 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 19,033

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P

There ya go, another validation. That mod isn't worth it if you're using the FM antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift micmars Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 03:08 AM |#4  
Annapolis Maryland
Thanks Meter: 337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMT

Sent from my SM-N900P

So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JonSCSL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JonSCSL Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 05:28 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 19,033

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSCSL

So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

I'm guessing you don't use the volume m mod if you want a radio. The loudness and audio quality from viper4android doesn't need an extra kick. It's already got it. Anything on top of it is just distortion.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
20th March 2014, 02:40 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I agree. I have used Viper for awhile and the volume mod is to much. I tried restoring the vol mod back to stock and still no workie. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
21st March 2014, 01:37 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
How do you even use the fm radio on this phone? I thought it didn't even have one.

21st March 2014, 01:42 AM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Where is it cause I didn't see it on my phone and it's stock.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st March 2014, 07:28 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Next radio
You have to use the NextRadio app. I think it is the Sprint Featured folder on Stock. Also have to have the headphones plugged in.
The Following User Says Thank You to wgorham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wgorham Ad-Free
26th March 2014, 04:28 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
I was finally able to get the FM radio working on X note rom. I haven't tested any other apps at this point so I don't know the full impact of the changes.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)