Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cant log in on "too many pattern attempts" screen

OP Renivius

22nd March 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi everyone.I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace.Recently i changed my unlock pattern but i forgot it.Now im at the "too many pattern attempts" screen(i need to sign in to google account).I know my ID and password but it still says invalid username or password when i type it.I wanted to do a factory reset and i have a problem there too.When i boot into recovery mode it automatically opens cwm recovery.When i go to wipe data there,it says data successfully wiped but i still need to sign in with google account.I dont have internet conenction on phone since i cant enable Wi-Fi because the phone is locked.Can somebody help me?
22nd March 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bilaspur
Thanks Meter: 103

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renivius

Hi everyone.I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace.Recently i changed my unlock pattern but i forgot it.Now im at the "too many pattern attempts" screen(i need to sign in to google account).I know my ID and password but it still says invalid username or password when i type it.I wanted to do a factory reset and i have a problem there too.When i boot into recovery mode it automatically opens cwm recovery.When i go to wipe data there,it says data successfully wiped but i still need to sign in with google account.I dont have internet conenction on phone since i cant enable Wi-Fi because the phone is locked.Can somebody help me?

Restore CWM backup if you had any..
OR
flash stock Rom usinn Odin...
The Following User Says Thank You to Piyush Pastor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Pastor

Restore CWM backup if you had any..
OR
flash stock Rom usinn Odin...

I will try to flash stock room,i just have one question.Will I still have root?If not,will flashing stock ROM get my warranty back?
22nd March 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bilaspur

163 posts
More
Quote:

I will try to flash stock room,i just have one question.Will I still have root?If not,will flashing stock ROM get my warranty back?

Yes
it will get your warranty back ..
and it will not have root while you can root manually after flashing

so happy flashing
22nd March 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Pastor

Yes
it will get your warranty back ..
and it will not have root while you can root manually after flashing

so happy flashing

Thanks.Ok i tried but Odin doesnt detect my phone.I cant enable mass storage transfer(the thing you need to do to be able to access phone from PC) but i dont think this is the problem.Any help on this?I really dont know what to try else lol.I have installed KIES and i checked its not running.Also i think USB debugging is turned on but i cant really check because i cant unlock my phone

P.S. seems like the problem is my phone since even KIES cant find my phone,anything i could do?
Last edited by Renivius; 22nd March 2014 at 09:08 PM.
23rd March 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bilaspur

163 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks.Ok i tried but Odin doesnt detect my phone.I cant enable mass storage transfer(the thing you need to do to be able to access phone from PC) but i dont think this is the problem.Any help on this?I really dont know what to try else lol.I have installed KIES and i checked its not running.Also i think USB debugging is turned on but i cant really check because i cant unlock my phone

P.S. seems like the problem is my phone since even KIES cant find my phone,anything i could do?

flash any other Rom

or check if this works:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2225695
Last edited by Piyush Pastor; 23rd March 2014 at 06:09 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread