Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Tip us?

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13635
Default Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the GS 5 in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

h2bmess
Old
Thanks Meter 3
wish we knew when we can pre-order, or buy the S5. since the HTC ONE M8 is a no go for me

WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2bmess View Post
wish we knew when we can pre-order, or buy the S5. since the HTC ONE M8 is a no go for me

A new report coming from Korean media claims that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime release date has been set for June. The report arrives soon after the rumors of a premium Galaxy S5 variant intensified, which might be a sign that the South Korean company will indeed launch the highly-anticipated device.

robbyoconnor
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com View Post
A new report coming from Korean media claims that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime release date has been set for June. The report arrives soon after the rumors of a premium Galaxy S5 variant intensified, which might be a sign that the South Korean company will indeed launch the highly-anticipated device.
cool

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

putney1477
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I have heard 2 different dates. April 11th and April 22nd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tkacer
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Looking to upgrade - but no way, no how will I spend my hard earned cash on a device (Verizon) that in all probability won't be able to run anything other than Touchwiz. Holding out to see what LG and others have to offer this summer -

Guadalupeohara
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkacer View Post
Looking to upgrade - but no way, no how will I spend my hard earned cash on a device (Verizon) that in all probability won't be able to run anything other than Touchwiz. Holding out to see what LG and others have to offer this summer -
OKay. I think you do not want upgrading Verizon. Therefore if you want LG then please tell me how many opportunity you will get from there ?

tkacer
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guadalupeohara View Post
OKay. I think you do not want upgrading Verizon. Therefore if you want LG then please tell me how many opportunity you will get from there ?
Obviously not staying with VZN - the handwriting is on the wall - will probably go with Tmobile or Sprint. Don't really utilize the features that TW brings to the table, so not having the ability to use AOSP Roms is a deal breaker. Might also have to give up some cell coverage for flashing freedom, but well worth the trade off for me.

sdsubball23
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkacer View Post
Obviously not staying with VZN - the handwriting is on the wall - will probably go with Tmobile or Sprint. Don't really utilize the features that TW brings to the table, so not having the ability to use AOSP Roms is a deal breaker. Might also have to give up some cell coverage for flashing freedom, but well worth the trade off for me.
What do you not like about the galaxy s5 that the m8 does better?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Lodaserves
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
I have heard 2 different dates. April 11th and April 22nd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Which location is it?