Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Tip us?
 
Naddict
Old
#1  
Naddict's Avatar
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13635
Posts: 8,311
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 28.2S, 92.1W
Default Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the GS 5 in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
 
h2bmess
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2011
wish we knew when we can pre-order, or buy the S5. since the HTC ONE M8 is a no go for me
 
WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com
Old
#3  
WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2bmess View Post
wish we knew when we can pre-order, or buy the S5. since the HTC ONE M8 is a no go for me

A new report coming from Korean media claims that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime release date has been set for June. The report arrives soon after the rumors of a premium Galaxy S5 variant intensified, which might be a sign that the South Korean company will indeed launch the highly-anticipated device.
 
robbyoconnor
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com View Post
A new report coming from Korean media claims that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime release date has been set for June. The report arrives soon after the rumors of a premium Galaxy S5 variant intensified, which might be a sign that the South Korean company will indeed launch the highly-anticipated device.
cool

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
putney1477
Old
#5  
putney1477's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 702
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH
I have heard 2 different dates. April 11th and April 22nd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
tkacer
Old
#6  
tkacer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 359
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Leroy, MI
Looking to upgrade - but no way, no how will I spend my hard earned cash on a device (Verizon) that in all probability won't be able to run anything other than Touchwiz. Holding out to see what LG and others have to offer this summer -
 
Guadalupeohara
Old
#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 238
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: D.K
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkacer View Post
Looking to upgrade - but no way, no how will I spend my hard earned cash on a device (Verizon) that in all probability won't be able to run anything other than Touchwiz. Holding out to see what LG and others have to offer this summer -
OKay. I think you do not want upgrading Verizon. Therefore if you want LG then please tell me how many opportunity you will get from there ?
 
tkacer
Old
#8  
tkacer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 359
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Leroy, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guadalupeohara View Post
OKay. I think you do not want upgrading Verizon. Therefore if you want LG then please tell me how many opportunity you will get from there ?
Obviously not staying with VZN - the handwriting is on the wall - will probably go with Tmobile or Sprint. Don't really utilize the features that TW brings to the table, so not having the ability to use AOSP Roms is a deal breaker. Might also have to give up some cell coverage for flashing freedom, but well worth the trade off for me.
 
sdsubball23
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 118
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkacer View Post
Obviously not staying with VZN - the handwriting is on the wall - will probably go with Tmobile or Sprint. Don't really utilize the features that TW brings to the table, so not having the ability to use AOSP Roms is a deal breaker. Might also have to give up some cell coverage for flashing freedom, but well worth the trade off for me.
What do you not like about the galaxy s5 that the m8 does better?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
 
Lodaserves
Old
#10  
Lodaserves's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 210
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
I have heard 2 different dates. April 11th and April 22nd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Which location is it?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes