FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I have read flashed, read some more and I have gotten nowhere in 5 hours. Going to reach out here:

Situation: used Mobile Odin to flash the 4.4 modem from Fenny's 4.4.2 Stock ROM with MK2, (I'm a dumbass). Upon reboot I would get the SG4 logo then the blue mobile odin logo, then freeze. Was able to get into TW 2.7 but nothing would write, would say that it appeared that ROM wasn't rooted. Odin'd cf-auto, brought me back to stock recovery, odin'd TW 2.6.3.1 so now i'm back into custom. Went to go to one of my backups on my extSD, and it restored. Now I'm stuck at the SG4 logo. Attempted to flash firmware back to AMDL to start over..... nothing is happening. Still stuck on logo. Looking for any suggestions, $20 bounty for a fix
22nd March 2014, 08:02 PM |#2  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkart99

So I have read flashed, read some more and I have gotten nowhere in 5 hours. Going to reach out here:

Situation: used Mobile Odin to flash the 4.4 modem from Fenny's 4.4.2 Stock ROM with MK2, (I'm a dumbass). Upon reboot I would get the SG4 logo then the blue mobile odin logo, then freeze. Was able to get into TW 2.7 but nothing would write, would say that it appeared that ROM wasn't rooted. Odin'd cf-auto, brought me back to stock recovery, odin'd TW 2.6.3.1 so now i'm back into custom. Went to go to one of my backups on my extSD, and it restored. Now I'm stuck at the SG4 logo. Attempted to flash firmware back to AMDL to start over..... nothing is happening. Still stuck on logo. Looking for any suggestions, $20 bounty for a fix

First off, please don't post the same question in multiple threads. The Help thread where you posted this was plenty.

Second, try this.

If you are able to get back into recovery, get back to the part where you had twrp 2.6.3.1.

Then restore your backed up rom like you said you already did. (You may still be at that point, but it's not clear if you overwrote that restore when you tried to use Odin.)

Once you are back at that point, wipe cache and dalvik from your restored rom. See if it boots then.
22nd March 2014, 08:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

First off, please don't post the same question in multiple threads. The Help thread where you posted this was plenty.

Second, try this.

If you are able to get back into recovery, get back to the part where you had twrp 2.6.3.1.

Then restore your backed up rom like you said you already did. (You may still be at that point, but it's not clear if you overwrote that restore when you tried to use Odin.)

Once you are back at that point, wipe cache and dalvik from your restored rom. See if it boots then.

Sorry, a moment of frustration, I'm usually better than this. I factory wiped on 2.7.0.1, (I installed that since I can't do anything else at the moment) and I'm still stuck. do I dl a rom and try to abd push it?
22nd March 2014, 08:29 PM |#4  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,691
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkart99

Sorry, a moment of frustration, I'm usually better than this. I factory wiped on 2.7.0.1, (I installed that since I can't do anything else at the moment) and I'm still stuck. do I dl a rom and try to abd push it?

I would recommend downloading the official 4.2.2 tar file and flashing it via Odin from your computer. What bootloader are you on? With the device powered off, press and hold the volume down button, while holding the volume down button, press the power button to turn on your device. Once it vibrates, release the power button. It will prompt you to press volume up to enter download mode, or volume down to cancel and restart. Press volume up. If you do not have Knox use the 4.2.2 tar file and flash that. It seems like your partitions tables are screwed up. So flashing the official tar file will reset that. Afterwards, you will need to flash your custom recovery again through Odin. Then restoring your backups should work.
22nd March 2014, 08:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I would recommend downloading the official 4.2.2 tar file and flashing it via Odin from your computer. What bootloader are you on? With the device powered off, press and hold the volume down button, while holding the volume down button, press the power button to turn on your device. Once it vibrates, release the power button. It will prompt you to press volume up to enter download mode, or volume down to cancel and restart. Press volume up. If you do not have Knox use the 4.2.2 tar file and flash that. It seems like your partitions tables are screwed up. So flashing the official tar file will reset that. Afterwards, you will need to flash your custom recovery again through Odin. Then restoring your backups should work.

Where would i find the official tar? How would i find the bootloader info? I was on mk2. I know I have knox after going to the offical rom
Last edited by jrkart99; 22nd March 2014 at 08:42 PM.
22nd March 2014, 09:00 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkart99

Where would i find the official tar? How would i find the bootloader info? I was on mk2. I know I have knox after going to the offical rom

I was on amdl.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes