Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help ? HTC one S bricked ?

Tip us?
 
ArnisHoti
Old
#1  
ArnisHoti's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Prizren
Default Please help ? HTC one S bricked ?

HI !

My friend tried to flash a custom rom in HTC ONE S, but something went wrong, he said that when he tried to boot the phone it, the stock logo "HTC quietly brilliant" and some red letters. I think he bricked it. Can anyone help me? or just post the right link, a beginner tutorial, ? i need to know how to flash a kernel, or a custom rom, ?
LG Optimus L7 p700
HyphnotiC^Albanian Soldier - Long Live Kosovo-Albania
 
LS.xD
Old
#2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnisHoti View Post
HI !

My friend tried to flash a custom rom in HTC ONE S, but something went wrong, he said that when he tried to boot the phone it, the stock logo "HTC quietly brilliant" and some red letters. I think he bricked it. Can anyone help me? or just post the right link, a beginner tutorial, ? i need to know how to flash a kernel, or a custom rom, ?


First we need to know if its a ville (S4 processor) or ville c2 (s3 processor).

In both cases you should download this toolkit --> WinDroid 2.0
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ArnisHoti
Old
#3  
ArnisHoti's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Prizren
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
First we need to know if its a ville (S4 processor) or ville c2 (s3 processor).

In both cases you should download this toolkit --> WinDroid 2.0
I have installed the drivers but, DEVICE: Not found: Status: not found ! ??? I don't know what kind of processor is, how to find out ??????
LG Optimus L7 p700
HyphnotiC^Albanian Soldier - Long Live Kosovo-Albania
 
LS.xD
Old
#4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnisHoti View Post
I have installed the drivers but, DEVICE: Not found: Status: not found ! ??? I don't know what kind of processor is, how to find out ??????
For using the toolkit you have to start the phone in fastboot mode.

Turn it off. Then press "VOL down + Power" at the same time.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ArnisHoti
Old
#5  
ArnisHoti's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Prizren
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
For using the toolkit you have to start the phone in fastboot mode.

Turn it off. Then press "VOL down + Power" at the same time.
i am trying to enter, i am pressing volume down, and power at the same time for a long time and nothing happens, just a little orange light at the speaker it turns on and than off ??????
LG Optimus L7 p700
HyphnotiC^Albanian Soldier - Long Live Kosovo-Albania
 
LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 22nd March 2014 at 08:12 PM.)
#6  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnisHoti View Post
i am trying to enter, i am pressing volume down, and power at the same time for a long time and nothing happens, just a little orange light at the speaker it turns on and than off ??????
Disconnect USB cable first. Then press "Vol down + power". May be after some seconds release "power" but still keep "Vol down" pressed.
The screen will look about this:



In the menu you ca navigate with "Vol up/down" and select with "Power"

Once the menu opened you press 1x "Power" to enter "fastboot"

Then plug in usb cable.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes