Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't Root My Phone! Help!!

OP PoisonBullet9

22nd March 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I have the S3 Mini for Verizon (SM-G730V)
I rooted my phone a while back but my phone updated this month and it automatically unrooted. I tried using Kingo to root it because it had worked previously but I got an error saying "NEEDROOT"
I've been searching for a program ever since, but every one I've tried doesn't work. One even hard reset my phone
Does anyone know a root method that works for my phone??
22nd March 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 174

594 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBullet9

I have the S3 Mini for Verizon (SM-G730V)
I rooted my phone a while back but my phone updated this month and it automatically unrooted. I tried using Kingo to root it because it had worked previously but I got an error saying "NEEDROOT"
I've been searching for a program ever since, but every one I've tried doesn't work. One even hard reset my phone
Does anyone know a root method that works for my phone??

Try to use vroot
22nd March 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed.ragab

Try to use vroot

I did, with no luck. I also tried various other programs, like one click, odin, and phone apps like poot. None seem to work with my phone.
22nd March 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 238

647 posts
More
Quote:

I did, with no luck. I also tried various other programs, like one click, odin, and phone apps like poot. None seem to work with my phone.

why not just flash a custom rom with odin? you could try cyanogenmod though the 11 version maybe has hard battery drain. carbon should be fine though! then you also have kitkat 4,4,2

good luck... click the thanks button if you think this is useful
22nd March 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

why not just flash a custom rom with odin? you could try cyanogenmod though the 11 version maybe has hard battery drain. carbon should be fine though! then you also have kitkat 4,4,2

good luck... click the thanks button if you think this is useful

Flashing ROMs thought Odin is inconvenient, I'd prefer to just root the phone for ease of use.

I think I found the source of the problem:
When I was using vRoot, it said that I didn't have 'root permission' and gave me a how-to in order to solve that problem. However it was in Chinese so I couldn't figure it out. Is it possible that I just need to find a way to get root permission for my phone? How do I get permission?
22nd March 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 238

647 posts
More
Quote:

Flashing ROMs thought Odin is inconvenient, I'd prefer to just root the phone for ease of use.

I think I found the source of the problem:
When I was using vRoot, it said that I didn't have 'root permission' and gave me a how-to in order to solve that problem. However it was in Chinese so I couldn't figure it out. Is it possible that I just need to find a way to get root permission for my phone? How do I get permission?

there is an english version of vroot too now check it here http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot

if you consider this useful please click thanks button under my post thanks
Last edited by Aronuser; 22nd March 2014 at 11:39 PM.
22nd March 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 174

594 posts
More
Quote:

if you have custom recovery try to flash this file and see if it will work

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r2...3-Recovery.zip
22nd March 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed.ragab

if you have custom recovery try to flash this file and see if it will work

Nope, doesn't have the correct files for Odin (PDA, Phone, CSC...)
28th March 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #9  

7 posts
Quote:

Verizon did an OTA update earlier this month (March, 2014) and rooting is not possible with current versions of:

Kingo
Vroot
or anything else that has worked before.

Would a developer please look at the build #VRUANA4 and provide a working root app?

Thanks!
28th March 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricco

Verizon did an OTA update earlier this month (March, 2014) and rooting is not possible with current versions of:

Kingo
Vroot
or anything else that has worked before.

Would a developer please look at the build #VRUANA4 and provide a working root app?

That neatly sums it up, and glad to know it's not just me beating my head against the wall.

Does anyone know if Odin will let me flash the previous release (G730VVRUAMI9), or does the locked bootloader prevent flashing even these official releases? I'm trying to download it now, but at over a gig, it's going to take me several tries, and that's a lot of work (and bandwidth) to invest only to find out it can't be loaded.

If I can fall back to the old firmware, I can root again with Kingo and then, presumably, edit build.prop to stop it from pestering us about "updating" to the new firmware.

Thanks.

-Sean
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread