Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[A] Picasa Web Albums Sign-In Request

OP LiveTrash

22nd March 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

1 posts
Ever since I updated to KitKat on my S4, Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums or something like that. Every time I open Gallery it would come up. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification, I went into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone), went into Settings. I tapped my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top and scrolled to the bottom of that list. Once I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" the notification stopped appearing. Not sure if this was some update within KitKat or not because I never had the notification before.

Anyway, I decided to post this so anyone with the same issue who tried searching for it might find this and it will help them.

Cheers,
LiveTrash
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LiveTrash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
Thank you Live Trash, I had been having this pop up several times a day since updating. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTrash

Ever since I updated to KitKat on my S4, Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums or something like that. Every time I open Gallery it would come up. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification, I went into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone), went into Settings. I tapped my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top and scrolled to the bottom of that list. Once I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" the notification stopped appearing. Not sure if this was some update within KitKat or not because I never had the notification before.

Anyway, I decided to post this so anyone with the same issue who tried searching for it might find this and it will help them.

Cheers,
LiveTrash

23rd July 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag dirty souFF
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
Donate to Me
More
awesome.....on the note 3 here, but with multiple gmail accounts, this was about to drive me effin insane, you rock man ty ty ty
25th July 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

68 posts
One question, can I revert agreement that I did?

I installed stock KitKat firmware on my Samsung phone, added Google Account and agreed to linking Gallery app with my Google Picasa photos.
Now I want to revoke access, but there is no such options in Google account settings. I checked under apps with Google+ login - nothing there. Also clearing data of Gallery app doesn't help, cause after alowing to sync again there's no more Sign-In Request, it just syncs.

And btw I know I can remove check mark in sync setting to stop syncing my picasa to samsung gallery, but still - first time I opened Gallery, there was an access request and idk where to find revoke button in my Google account - button like for games or apps that I logged in with my Google+ account.

I'm a little bit OCD about this. Can someone help me?
Thanks

ok, I see that permission is reseted while flashing custom ROM and not using stock apps.
Last edited by MikeSome1; 12th September 2014 at 05:58 AM.
31st May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #5  
Flag City of Nizams
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
The Solution was so simple, yet couldn't think... Thanks

Quote:

Cheers,
LiveTrash

1st June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Thanks a lot for saving me a bunch of time. Yeah, just reinstalling all the Google stuff defaulted to syncing with all their apps. Easy fix for an annoying issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread