Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat GS3 at&t confirmed

Tip us?

Håvi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Thumbs up Kitkat GS3 at&t confirmed

Proof: http://1drv.ms/OJ2Bgr

PS: Read it all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Håvi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DazTip
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Håvi View Post
Proof: http://1drv.ms/OJ2Bgr

PS: Read it all
That's already known.. the problem is them keeping the release date (or estimated release date), tight-lipped.

Håvi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazTip View Post
That's already known.. the problem is them keeping the release date (or estimated release date), tight-lipped.
Thats just to be sure if it will come

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Håvi View Post
Thats just to be sure if it will come
Yeah because it would be the first time they didn't follow through with what they said...
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140727-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock/KT747
Baseband: I747MVLDMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Ktoonservative

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

SwaggyDabbyDoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Hopeful

As much as I hope it is released for our phones, a single person who does live chats all day may not be the most rock-solid source. Any number of things could turn out to have happened, from misreading an information sheet before giving you said information to her being just plain wrong.

Thank you for posting this though, it is important that up to date information like that is made public. Its just that I'm not sure if one representative saying it is on its way is a complete confirmation.

Does anyone know how reliable these live chats usually are?

internethuman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggyDabbyDoo View Post
As much as I hope it is released for our phones, a single person who does live chats all day may not be the most rock-solid source. Any number of things could turn out to have happened, from misreading an information sheet before giving you said information to her being just plain wrong.

Thank you for posting this though, it is important that up to date information like that is made public. Its just that I'm not sure if one representative saying it is on its way is a complete confirmation.

Does anyone know how reliable these live chats usually are?
Not very reliable in this case since they are not allowed to give too much information out to the public. I posted a thread after I talked to one of Samsung's live representatives and they told me that the update would come in a matter of weeks. You can check my thread out if you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to internethuman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SwaggyDabbyDoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by internethuman View Post
Not very reliable in this case since they are not allowed to give too much information out to the public. I posted a thread after I talked to one of Samsung's live representatives and they told me that the update would come in a matter of weeks. You can check my thread out if you want.
Ah yes I found that thread. Well if it was more than just one confirmation that adds too the legitimacy I don't want to get my hopes up but its looking good!
The Following User Says Thank You to SwaggyDabbyDoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Carsus55
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'd love for this to be true. I'm holding off on updating to a custom rom in case they push KitKat and it doesn't work after using the stock restore posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

RoryB
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 680

DONATE TO ME
My post on the rumor thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryB View Post
I was talking with AT&T repair regarding my phone freezing when switching from portrait to landscape since the 4.3 OTA and they told me they were not aware of a fix coming out for this, but that 4.4 will probably come out in a couple months and it may replace whatever is causing the problem. When I went to the Samsung Experience center to let them force the OTA onto my phone again to see if that would fix the issue, that tech said the same thing about 4.4 coming out, but he thought my freeze issue is hardware related.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Quantum.4
Read About Me to see what I am working on & following like CHTS, Reminder and AppTask widgets, and CHT basic function tweaks. Also, Fixed CHT restarting when you have no tasks.
Mortscript | iniEditor | regEditor| MortScripts to toggle settings
Samsung Infuse 4G drowned. If you have one check out Scott's CM10 or CM10PA Firmware
ATT Fuze (HTC RAPH110) with Energy ROM: Energy.RAPHAEL.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jul.06
HTC Wizard|See about me for my ROM collection and other work

petenatas
Old
Thanks Meter 45
AT&T official statement or it didn't happen !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petenatas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]