Post Reply

[Q] Upgrade to 4.13.651.4 via RUU?

24th March 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan
  1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?
24th March 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #2  
SilverZero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
1,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladehawke

Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan

  1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?

If you're S-OFF you do NOT need to re-lock the bootloader. I never did. You'll probably still have to unlock it after the RUU, but you don't need to relock it first. Make sure you get the right recovery (from Cap's thread). Otherwise you're on the right track.
Last edited by SilverZero; 24th March 2014 at 01:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverZero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #3  
Evolution_Freak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 375
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladehawke

Captain's thread suggests upgrading to 4.13.651.4 via RUU. I am currently s-off running the early release, 4.13.651.1

Before I make that jump I want to make sure I have the procedure right... I touch this stuff so rarely now that I hardly trust myself.

Here is my plan

  1. relock bootloader
  2. run RUU and let the phone settle
  3. htc unlock
  4. run a PJ75IMG with the custom twrp recovery
  5. flash odex/deodex version

does that sound about right?

From what I've read, through the search feature, I don't think you need to relock being that you're S-off. You may want to search that a bit more however.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #4  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,919
 
3,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheistevofreak

From what I've read, through the search feature, I don't think you need to relock being that you're S-off. You may want to search that a bit more however.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Correct. You do not have to relock the bootloader if you're S-off.

OP, once you've flashed the ROM you'll need to make sure you install the latest SuperSU so you have root access.

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28

Correct. You do not have to relock the bootloader if you're S-off.

OP, once you've flashed the ROM you'll need to make sure you install the latest SuperSU so you have root access.

Sent from my EVO LTE

I'm planning on installing the De-ODEX version, so i think that will already be included... I use several of the systemUI mods
24th March 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #6  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,919
 
3,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
It won't be. You'll need to flash the zip in recovery. You can get the latest version in the link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
I ran just the zip and it worked great. Installed viper 4.0 and working great!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes