Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i think my phone bricked.. help me😭

Tip us?

corean0213
Old
(Last edited by corean0213; 24th March 2014 at 09:56 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] i think my phone bricked.. help me😭

i have verizon galaxy note 2 and i flash dn3 rom but i decide to restore to stock rom cause i cant use unlock feature on dn3 rom...so i used odin to flash with stock rom...and here's problem..after odin show pass with green, my phone in looping in verizon logo..so i tried to do flash again odin show fail message and phone doesnt boot.. samsubgng logo poped up and go away like flashing..
i cant even enter to recovery mode..
i could enter to download mode but odin give me fail message...
what should i do...

OffTheChainz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Try using the .pit file also in Odin with whatever stock rom? your using hopefully it's not a 4.3 stock rom or you will be locked out from anything custom...
Once you have a custom recovery and using custom roms you shouldn't us Odin or Casuals unlock & root method ever again unless you have problems with recovery bootloops or radio etc...

I didn't understand what you meant when you said dn3 rom didn't have "unlock feature"
I've never heard of dn3 rom but I will go look.
The Following User Says Thank You to OffTheChainz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corean0213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChainz View Post
Try using the .pit file also in Odin with whatever stock rom? your using hopefully it's not a 4.3 stock rom or you will be locked out from anything custom...
Once you have a custom recovery and using custom roms you shouldn't us Odin or Casuals unlock & root method ever again unless you have problems with recovery bootloops or radio etc...

I didn't understand what you meant when you said dn3 rom didn't have "unlock feature"
I've never heard of dn3 rom but I will go look.
where can i get .pit file from? i used 4.1.2 stock rom...
it was my first time to install custom rom on to phones..i didnt know that...

" [4.4.2] DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team " this rom!
what i meant by dont have unlock feature is im using VZW galaxy note 2 from AT&T network. it was worked on stock rom but when i flash that custom rom i couldnt get any services..

Bonkurei
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by corean0213 View Post
where can i get .pit file from? i used 4.1.2 stock rom...
it was my first time to install custom rom on to phones..i didnt know that...

" [4.4.2] DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team " this rom!
what i meant by dont have unlock feature is im using VZW galaxy note 2 from AT&T network. it was worked on stock rom but when i flash that custom rom i couldnt get any services..
what you're looking for is in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkurei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corean0213
Old
(Last edited by corean0213; 24th March 2014 at 07:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkurei View Post
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH OffTheChainz and Bonkurei!!!!
i found and use .pit file and my phone came back to normal...thank you !!!!!!!

and btw...if i unlock the bootloader once is this unlock goes to permanent?
The Following User Says Thank You to corean0213 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OffTheChainz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
@corean0213
Use this method and r515 build shared here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2272066 Thanks to AdamOutler
I didn't have any luck with the newer builds working. Take your time be patient if you run into problems after trying multiple times you can always revert back with your pit and stock rom. Keep that handy for emergency.
Once you get TWRP recovery with Casual your golden.
I suggest trying Alliance Rom build 25 if you like custom everything, like myself or give OhTrent Rom if you want something very sweet and simple for your Note 2! Other people might recommend something else....
Glad we was able to help!
I've been using these forums for years and sponged my brains with info and absorbed some of it lol
Feel I should help with what I can your absolutely welcome!