FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
There are so few custom ROMS for butterfly, and I want to try by myself.
25th March 2014, 06:52 AM |#2  
praveen7682's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qfeng

There are so few custom ROMS for butterfly, and I want to try by myself.

Go to this link for steps...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1222746
13th April 2014, 12:12 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It's not easy because the devices have different frameworks ..it's easier port a Rom from dlx to htl21
13th April 2014, 12:56 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qfeng

There are so few custom ROMS for butterfly, and I want to try by myself.

First thing you need to replace with is kernel
13th April 2014, 01:44 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
If you want to port a sense-based ROM, it is not difficult because both two devices based their sense on the M8 one. So you can use the stock kernel, but if you want to port a CM or AOSP, it's very difficult. Kairi is working on porting the CM for our Butterfly.
13th April 2014, 01:56 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick841

If you want to port a sense-based ROM, it is not difficult because both two devices based their sense on the M8 one. So you can use the stock kernel, but if you want to port a CM or AOSP, it's very difficult. Kairi is working on porting the CM for our Butterfly.

Oh really? As of 4-4-2014 Kairi said the project has stopped because there isn't enough users helping him out.
13th April 2014, 02:03 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunus

Oh really? As of 4-4-2014 Kairi said the project has stopped because there isn't enough users helping him out.

Where do you read this fact? In his official thread he said only that he doesn't release anything for the moment because the project is hard and ask for helps.
13th April 2014, 02:07 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick841

Where do you read this fact? In his official thread he said only that he doesn't release anything for the moment because the project is hard and ask for helps.

Here Post number 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes