FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
quick question.

i have a stock rom (4.2.2) tmobile galaxy s4 with the ktoonz kernal, and i want to flash wicked v10 to it. wicked is a 4.3 rom, and im not trying to brick my phone.

ive been searching for a little bit, and i keep finding talk about flashing a bootloader and radio, or using odin to download a new modem... but i have yet to find any solid answers when it comes to this on the tmobile gs4. can someone provide some insight?
24th March 2014, 11:13 PM |#2  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,719
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzz

quick question.

i have a stock rom (4.2.2) tmobile galaxy s4 with the ktoonz kernal, and i want to flash wicked v10 to it. wicked is a 4.3 rom, and im not trying to brick my phone.

ive been searching for a little bit, and i keep finding talk about flashing a bootloader and radio, or using odin to download a new modem... but i have yet to find any solid answers when it comes to this on the tmobile gs4. can someone provide some insight?

You shouldn't have any problems flashing Wicked V10. I'm still on the MDL bootloader and used a variety of 4.3 and now 4.4.2 ROM.
You might want to update your modem however (If you're getting data drop when screen off, if not no worry).
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 11:29 PM |#3  
dirtyjerzz's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Montague
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

You shouldn't have any problems flashing Wicked V10. I'm still on the MDL bootloader and used a variety of 4.3 and now 4.4.2 ROM.
You might want to update your modem however (If you're getting data drop when screen off, if not no worry).

how would i do that? im still partially newb when it comes to this stuff.
25th March 2014, 01:29 AM |#4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzz

how would i do that? im still partially newb when it comes to this stuff.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544612


Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 03:51 AM |#5  
dirtyjerzz's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Montague
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
^thanks!
25th March 2014, 09:45 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
You shouldn't have a problem. I went from rooted stock 4.2.2 straight to flashing 4.4.2 and the NB4 modem all while still keeping the MDL bootloader. Just follow the instructions in the op after reading the rest of the comments.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes