Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Strange charging problem

OP 5ch

25th March 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Last night i pluged my lg g2 to charge it. After 1 hour when i checked it was only 5% charged and very hot. I restarted it and after that it was charging fine. I had 1 app running and it was DOTS. Can it be becouse of DOTS? Did someone expiriance this problem before? Do i have to worry?
25th March 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #2  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch

Last night i pluged my lg g2 to charge it. After 1 hour when i checked it was only 5% charged and very hot. I restarted it and after that it was charging fine. I had 1 app running and it was DOTS. Can it be becouse of DOTS? Did someone expiriance this problem before? Do i have to worry?

Considering the battery being LiPoly, I'd definitely be worried if it happens again.
What do you mean by very hot? Too hot to touch? What area was hot? The upper side of the phone or the middle/lower part?
If it was the upper part, then that's where the logic circuitry is so not too big of a worry. If it was the middle/lower part, that's where the battery is so I'd start to worry there.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on my battery temperatures when charging, and how the battery performs.
If you have the slightest doubt about your battery being damaged, bring it in for repairs. LiPoly batteries are dangerous with that kind of thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyvanhummel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvanhummel

Considering the battery being LiPoly, I'd definitely be worried if it happens again.
What do you mean by very hot? Too hot to touch? What area was hot? The upper side of the phone or the middle/lower part?
If it was the upper part, then that's where the logic circuitry is so not too big of a worry. If it was the middle/lower part, that's where the battery is so I'd start to worry there.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on my battery temperatures when charging, and how the battery performs.
If you have the slightest doubt about your battery being damaged, bring it in for repairs. LiPoly batteries are dangerous with that kind of thing.

I think it was uper part and battery was 40 C (105 F) when i checked over CPU-Z app. I charged it fine again just now. It was just once. Btw device is 4 days old. I didnt cycle it when i got it, i just use it regular.
25th March 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #4  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch

I think it was uper part and battery was 40 C (105 F) when i checked over CPU-Z app. I charged it fine again just now. It was just once. Btw device is 4 days old. I didnt cycle it when i got it, i just use it regular.

Alright then, I'm glad it's ok again!
25th March 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Smile
Thank you for helping, u gave me some useful info.
25th March 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch

Thank you for helping, u gave me some useful info.

Good to hear
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes