Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] my galaxy pocket wont start nor can i enter recovery

Tip us?

glenzac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [q] my galaxy pocket wont start nor can i enter recovery

HEY GUYS !!
I am new to xda so im not sure if i have posted it at the right place.
anyway, my phone (galaxy pocket GTS5300) is rooted runs on infuzion 2 kernel and has hydroperia v2 custom rom(i followed the instructions from xda)
so recently i wanted to increase its ram so i partioned my external sd and installed swapper 2 (just like the post in xda),everything went all right
then i downloaded "file2sd"" from play store and installed it to gets some space in my phones internal memory but as i opened the app and selected
the format as ext3 the said i have to reboot and i pressed the "" restart now ""button,thats it and the phone just got stuck i waited for some time no buttons responded so removed the battery and tried turning it on but it just shows a blank screen after showing the model no. and i CANT enter recovery mode but i can enter odin (but my laptop does not recognize the device,eventhough i have tried installing all the usb drivers and kies ,i dont know if its because of the data cable or windows8 or my phone ) so i removed my external sd copied all my files and saw (in mini tool partition wizard)that my 2nd partition was full(512 mb)i didnt know what to do and i formatted everything(sd).
i dont know what to do next .someone please help!!!

LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 25th March 2014 at 06:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzac View Post
HEY GUYS !!
anyway, my phone (galaxy pocket GTS5300) is rooted runs on infuzion 2 kernel and has hydroperia v2 custom rom(i followed the instructions from xda)
so recently i wanted to increase its ram so i partioned my external sd and installed swapper 2 (just like the post in xda),everything went all right
then i downloaded "file2sd"" from play store and installed it to gets some space in my phones internal memory but as i opened the app and selected
the format as ext3 the said i have to reboot and i pressed the "" restart now ""button,thats it and the phone just got stuck i waited for some time no buttons responded so removed the battery and tried turning it on but it just shows a blank screen after showing the model no. and i CANT enter recovery mode but i can enter odin (but my laptop does not recognize the device,eventhough i have tried installing all the usb drivers and kies ,i dont know if its because of the data cable or windows8 or my phone ) so i removed my external sd copied all my files and saw (in mini tool partition wizard)that my 2nd partition was full(512 mb)i didnt know what to do and i formatted everything(sd).

So you can actually enter the "download" mode. Thats good at least.

Win 8 comatible driver --> Samsung 1.5.27.0

Which version of odin do you use? This will wotk for you --> Odin 3.07
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glenzac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb thanks 4 quick reply

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!!!
I HAVE THE USB DRIVER 1.5.23 and still the phone wont work.
actually i have both odin1.85 and 3.09

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!!!
I HAVE THE USB DRIVER 1.5.23 and still the phone wont work.
actually i have both odin1.85 and 3.09

Check under device manager if it shows usb device with yellow triangle while phone is connected to computer (Be sure to set show all devices)
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glenzac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Check under device manager if it shows usb device with yellow triangle while phone is connected to computer (Be sure to set show all devices)
when i used to connect the phone it would show "usb device not recognized".i tried reinstalling the usb drivers but no use.

LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 25th March 2014 at 09:25 AM.) Reason: added screenshot
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
when i used to connect the phone it would show "usb device not recognized".i tried reinstalling the usb drivers but no use.
you have to force the installation. Right mouse on device. Install driver. select driver manually. (you have to xtract the driver files from the installer first) show "incompatible" devices --> musg be sth like "USB composite device"

N'ayam Amarsh'e
Old
(Last edited by N'ayam Amarsh'e; 25th March 2014 at 11:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
HEY GUYS !!
The Best Solution Is :

Press thanks if It helps

Download CWM From here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1352197095

Download Stockrom from here : http://www.4shared.com/zip/SZzB-egN/...TULF1_BTU.html

Put both zips in your sd card

go to recovery mode by pressing vol up + home button + power button (Hold for 10 seconds)

Now in recovery mode select apply update from sd card and select cwm file...

Now in cwm mode again go to apply update from sd card ...

Select Stock ROm ZIP...

You will now boot normally

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e View Post
Download The Samsung Unbicking Software from Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1153310 and try it out and if it works press thanks button and also of the creator of this software....

Have you tried this before? I did --> no success at all, its made for Galaxy S. Sure try it out

PM me if ya want something-...

N'ayam Amarsh'e
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Have you tried this before? I did --> no success at all, its made for Galaxy S. Sure try it out

PM me if ya want something-...
It's edited now....

glenzac
Old
(Last edited by glenzac; 25th March 2014 at 12:18 PM.) Reason: incomplete
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow what next???

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e View Post
It's edited now....
the soft brick software will not do as i can access odin

so can someone please help me to go ahead with odin

what files would i require?
also there is another major problem my phone wont charge.the second i connect the charger the phone tries to turn on and returns back to the black screen,
please help