Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC DESIRE WITH HBOOT 0.98.2000 s-off , no custom roms working other than cm 7.1

Tip us?

ronE1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HTC DESIRE WITH HBOOT 0.98.2000 s-off , no custom roms working other than cm 7.1

I have my htc Desire s with HBOOT 2.00.0002 unlocked bootloader form HTCDEV with S-OFF , i flashed CWM recovery 5.0 , i flashed cm 7.1 stable version and it worked.

I dint want to get Stuck in gingerbread so i downloaded some other roms from XDA like JEllY FIRE , UnoffiCial CM 10.2 , Carbon ROm , PAc MAN ROM e.tc. ... i flashed cwm recovery version 5 , then wiped Data , Cache , and dalvik cache and Flashed the above roms , but no luck , the phone got stuck on HTC logo ...

So i thought of downgrading the Hboot Version .. and i used the tutorial from a site which told me to use the given attachment to downgrade hboot ,
now i have Hboot version 0.98.2000 (PG****) (as i am seeing) , and s-off , but still when i tried flashing unofficial cm 10.2 the phone got stuck on htc logo .

Please help i want to use Jelly bean ... i need a detailed tutorial or video link to get a good jelly bean rom working on my phone ....

Please Help soon
Attached Files
File Type: zip PG88IMG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.00 MB, 9 views)

teadrinker
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Do you know which panel type you have? Check this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943524

ronE1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 185092528863

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadrinker View Post
Do you know which panel type you have? Check this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943524

I have hitachi panel ... please reply soon .. how can i flash a custom rom without having that broghtness always 100% error .. .those links in that thread weere dead

teadrinker
Old
Thanks Meter 485
I'm sorry, but no jb or kit-kat rom will work properly on your phone. Even if you get them to boot with one of those kernels mentioned in the thread, the brightness will not be adjustable. So unless you can live with that, you're stuck with cm7 or sense roms

SKENER
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Check this.You have hitachi panel and you need to flash MDDI kernel.Check Flinny site like this http://andromadus.flinny.org/?q=cm10_1 for JB but be careful some links don't work so find it yourself. In basic you can get brightness working on your phone.

Check all post with MDDI and find that kind of rom.
Sorry for your problem.
GL
HTC Desire S SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL (via Revolutionary)
Rom: Unofficial "Nightly" CM11.0 - 4.4.4_r1 [20140622] for Saga by devil-kin
Hboot: 7.00.1002
Radio: 20.76.30.0835U_3831.19.00.110
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1
CID: VODA102

ronE1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can i get a link to the MIDI kernel which i can flash so that i can use flinny's 10.1 rom ???? the link given in the above post was dead

ronE1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
please provide a link to a rom which i can flash and get the stock ICS htc rom ... my hboot version is 7.**** .... which i upgraded today ... i am not pro i just want something which would solve the problem just by flashing

ronE1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'm sorry, but no jb or kit-kat rom will work properly on your phone. Even if you get them to boot with one of those kernels mentioned in the thread, the brightness will not be adjustable. So unless you can live with that, you're stuck with cm7 or sense roms
Can please link me on how to get the official ICS rom for Desire s back .. keeping CWN and S - OFF .

teadrinker
Old
Thanks Meter 485
The simplest thing would be to flash some custom rom with HTC Sense, there are a few ics ones in the development section (with sense 3.6, like the stock ics, or with the newer sense 4/4.1)

ronE1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The simplest thing would be to flash some custom rom with HTC Sense, there are a few ics ones in the development section (with sense 3.6, like the stock ics, or with the newer sense 4/4.1)
Does this work just if i flash it ??????? can i get the link please ????????