Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with a bricked x920d

Tip us?

Loupan1995
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Help with a bricked x920d

Hello members of xda. I think I messed up my phone.. again. But now I'm asking if someone could help me guide into a repair.
I have a HTC Butterfly x920d (Europe, Belgium) and I can't flash any rom. I tried like almost every available rom for my htc model and nothing is working. I can still reach the bootloader and recovery (TWRP 2.7.0.1 and already tried other versions). When I'm flashing a rom I'm always getting the 'failed' status immediatly Error flashing zip '/sdcard/NAMEOFROM.zip, updating partition details..., E: unable to mount cache. And then we get a fail. On every single zip/rom file... The only rom that was working was this one NOS_m7_v3.0.0_dlxbu1, but when I boot I get a black screen with the status bar on top and a flashing NFC logo. After a time he reboots and does the same. I don't get why there are no stock htc roms? So last time I did it on the warranty they asked me 450$ to repair it (it was a Sony then).

anyway here my bootloader stats:
*** Tampered ***
*** Unlocked ***
DELUXE_U PCT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-3A.32.306.04
OPENDSP-V12.120.274.0909
OS-3.13.401.4
EMMC-BOOT 2048MB
HBOOT

Should the S-ON be the flashing problem?
Thanks for helping me !!!

Qfeng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You should flash recovery and roms for x920e or dlxu NOT x920d or dlxub1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupan1995 View Post
Hello members of xda. I think I messed up my phone.. again. But now I'm asking if someone could help me guide into a repair.
I have a HTC Butterfly x920d (Europe, Belgium) and I can't flash any rom. I tried like almost every available rom for my htc model and nothing is working. I can still reach the bootloader and recovery (TWRP 2.7.0.1 and already tried other versions). When I'm flashing a rom I'm always getting the 'failed' status immediatly Error flashing zip '/sdcard/NAMEOFROM.zip, updating partition details..., E: unable to mount cache. And then we get a fail. On every single zip/rom file... The only rom that was working was this one NOS_m7_v3.0.0_dlxbu1, but when I boot I get a black screen with the status bar on top and a flashing NFC logo. After a time he reboots and does the same. I don't get why there are no stock htc roms? So last time I did it on the warranty they asked me 450$ to repair it (it was a Sony then).

anyway here my bootloader stats:
*** Tampered ***
*** Unlocked ***
DELUXE_U PCT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-3A.32.306.04
OPENDSP-V12.120.274.0909
OS-3.13.401.4
EMMC-BOOT 2048MB
HBOOT

Should the S-ON be the flashing problem?
Thanks for helping me !!!

Loupan1995
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qfeng View Post
You should flash recovery and roms for x920e or dlxu NOT x920d or dlxub1.
Thanks for your comment but I also tried that. I flashed the recovery to TWRP 2.7.01 and tried to install a x920e ROM. Always getting the same *FAILED* error. I will try it again tomorrow.
Any other suggestions?

Qfeng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As I understand, European version of butterfly is dlxu, which is usually called x920e.
However, TWRP calls x920e dlxub1. Therefore, I think you should try dlxub1 recovery from TWRP, and dlxu ROMs.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupan1995 View Post
Thanks for your comment but I also tried that. I flashed the recovery to TWRP 2.7.01 and tried to install a x920e ROM. Always getting the same *FAILED* error. I will try it again tomorrow.
Any other suggestions?

Bassie39
Old
Thanks Meter 51
You can use my backup to reinstall your phone you have a x920e version

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

Bassie39
Old
(Last edited by Bassie39; 26th March 2014 at 11:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Twrp mixed up the names
I used the one from kairi from the original android development section works also with European version

Loupan1995
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I gave up and bought myself a Nexus 5 but I definatly will try all your suggestions thanks everyone! But where can I find such recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Qfeng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The recovery "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-dlxub1.img" works for my European butterfly.

Bassie39
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Use this one and use my backup and phone will be working again
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...g fix) (x920D)