FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help unlocking S III after 4.3

OP Luciachan

25th March 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I have been reading through the forums as much as I can and can't seem to get specific or consistent info. I have a Galaxy S III with Telus, I'm switching to Rogers, don't want to pay their $50 unlock fee. I want to unlock the phone but the 4.3 update is not allowing me to use the option for 4.1.1. And every I look says not to flash a 4.1.1 rom onto 4.3. So how do I a) get back to 4.1.1 or b) unlock 4.3 ? If I could just get a link to the full steps involved that would be great. I'm pretty comfortable with rooting etc. I rotted my Xperia X10 awhile back and that was simple enough. I just can't seem to find an exact answer and don't want to piece it together from several sites. Thanks
25th March 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,018

3,177 posts
To unlock for free, you must be on completely stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader.

I'm not sure but the i747m may allow a downgrade of the bootloader to 4.1.1. I have a i747m but have never upgraded to 4.3 bootloader.

You will have to buy an unlock code of you can't get back to 4.1.1.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Crap, it came with 4.3 so it was completely unavoidable. Anyone know which is the cheapest most reliable source of unlock codes? I found one on eBay for about $20 so far.
26th March 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciachan

Crap, it came with 4.3 so it was completely unavoidable. Anyone know which is the cheapest most reliable source of unlock codes? I found one on eBay for about $20 so far.

DO NOT ROOT now or downgrade to anything lesser than 4.3. Best option is to unlock through code like you say.

Try Cellunlocker.net. They should square you up for about $30. Worth it. They are reliable.
27th March 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Prince Edward Island
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_legolas

Try Cellunlocker.net. They should square you up for about $30. Worth it. They are reliable.

++1 on that. I've had three S3 i747m done through them and very helpful and informative. If you do decide to go with them, don't forget to video your attempt at unlocking.
4th April 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thanks, I got unlock codes from unlockmenow.ca cost $17 CAD worked great for the 3 phones I had
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread