FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[q] rom + knox

25th March 2014, 09:48 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hi,

I have two questions - hope someone can assist:
1.Do you know a customized ROM with working KNOX?
2. If I will flash Samsung's original ROM, will I have a working KNOX? What about the flag?

Thanks.
25th March 2014, 09:51 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

Hi,

I have two questions - hope someone can assist:
1.Do you know a customized ROM with working KNOX?
2. If I will flash Samsung's original ROM, will I have a working KNOX? What about the flag?

Thanks.

I believe you can still use knox even if the flag is 0x1. What just that means is that the container is not as secure and companies who allow BYOD will not certify it for use in their company. Most custom rom I've come across doesn't have knox.
25th March 2014, 09:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thanks.
So - flashing Samsung ROM with ODIN will flag 0x1?
25th March 2014, 09:57 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

Thanks.
So - flashing Samsung ROM with ODIN will flag 0x1?

Not really unless knox is already 0x1.
25th March 2014, 09:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
The phone is unrooted.
Sorry for asking again - if I understood well, flashing my unrooted phone with Samsung ROM will leave the phone with warranty (cleared flag)?
Thanks again.
25th March 2014, 10:01 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

The phone is unrooted.
Sorry for asking again - if I understood well, flashing my unrooted phone with Samsung ROM will leave the phone with warranty (cleared flag)?
Thanks again.

Doesn't your phone already have Samsung rom or you are trying to update to 4.4.2?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank