FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I want to sell my S4 but I'm afraid once I sell it there will be a bootloader exploit... Is this nuts, or is it just me??

(And possibly get the M8)
26th March 2014, 10:19 AM |#2  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,685
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk

I want to sell my S4 but I'm afraid once I sell it there will be a bootloader exploit... Is this nuts, or is it just me??

(And possibly get the M8)

Just my opinion but... Your probably safe to move on lol there's some extremely talented people working on it , and I don't want to knock their progress, but its some serious security they're trying to break.

The reality is though that we just never know. Could find an exploit tomorrow.... Could never find it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 10:22 AM |#3  
ericerk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Just my opinion but... Your probably safe to move on lol there's some extremely talented people working on it , and I don't want to knock their progress, but its some serious security they're trying to break.

The reality is though that we just never know. Could find an exploit tomorrow.... Could never find it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to say they're not working, I'm not saying they're bad. I'm just stating... that there hasn't been an unlock since MDK.
I know that we never know, it's just kinda disappointing...
26th March 2014, 11:05 AM |#4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,685
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk

I'm not trying to say they're not working, I'm not saying they're bad. I'm just stating... that there hasn't been an unlock since MDK.
I know that we never know, it's just kinda disappointing...

Hey I know... I was just saying is all. Doesn't look good and Verizon is very dissapointing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 11:12 AM |#5  
ericerk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Hey I know... I was just saying is all. Doesn't look good and Verizon is very dissapointing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So your opinion, M8 or Stick W/ S4.

I'm a CM addict.
26th March 2014, 11:21 AM |#6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,685
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk

So your opinion, M8 or Stick W/ S4.

I'm a CM addict.

Well I'd either get an MDK S4 off Swappa or get the M8 if your CM addict lol

I had my locked down S4 for a few months, then I sold it on Swappa and got an MDK S4 so I could do just that.
I'm not a real TW fan myself.

I suppose it all depends on what phone you really want.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Just be sure the M8 is able to have custom recoveries too.... I'm not an HTC man so I don't follow it much. You don't want another locked down phone if your goal is to have CM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 07:35 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk

I want to sell my S4 but I'm afraid once I sell it there will be a bootloader exploit... Is this nuts, or is it just me??

(And possibly get the M8)

I'd sell the S4 before the S5 comes out. There might be less interest in it after.

I sold my Mk2 S4 and bought an MDK one for ~$35 difference. The only thing that's missing with non-TW roms is the gesture stuff, but that's a small thing when you get GPE/CM/AOSP/whatever you want.
26th March 2014, 11:23 PM |#8  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,713
 
More
The M8 will probably be unlocked, we've had good success with HTC devices on Verizon. Although the 801 is a new beast to deal with. If you can deal with the razr I'd give it a couple weeks to see how the progress is on the m8

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th March 2014, 02:59 AM |#9  
ericerk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

The M8 will probably be unlocked, we've had good success with HTC devices on Verizon. Although the 801 is a new beast to deal with. If you can deal with the razr I'd give it a couple weeks to see how the progress is on the m8

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, probably going to do that.
27th March 2014, 07:38 AM |#10  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,685
 
More
Josh... You feel funny holding that Max up to your ear for a call?? LoL

I want that phone but I don't know if I can be trusted with something like that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes