Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]{CM10.1}{CM10.2}{CM11}{AOSP}Working Int2Ext for Xperia 2011 [ART-compatible]

Tip us?

nos1609
Old
(Last edited by nos1609; 29th August 2014 at 07:49 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Prompt [MOD]{CM10.1}{CM10.2}{CM11}{AOSP}Working Int2Ext for Xperia 2011 [ART-compatible]

After days of looking for a solution to the problem of every 2011 device I've finally managed to do it!

Many of you wanna enable ART functionnality in 4.4.2 because the device start "flying" with such a pill. So I've managed to modify the Int2Ext v2 script to run it lagless and conserving initial performance.

Prerequesites:
1. You have to make an EXT partition (I've got an EXT4 1 GB partition)
2. Flash the script BEFORE the first boot (like any other package such as gapps).
3. (Optionnal) Reboot once, and enable ART in developement menu.
4. Enjoy!

What it does exactly?
1. Increase the readahead cache for your sd to 4096 kb
2. Transfers /data/app & /data/app-private to the ext partition of the SD
3. Everything that a CronMod-INT2EXT script does

Screenshots

All credits goes to the creator of the original script. Ive simply deleted a line inside

You're welcome for testing.

Small FAQ & corrected verision to avoid signal loss:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nos1609 View Post
1. Tested in couple with Vanir/Carbon - unstable under ART, Dalvik recommanded
Tested on PAC working like a charm on both ART & Dalvik

2. To avoid reboots / FCs try flashing ART compatible gapps

3. About the "internal memory waste" Guys, please check the description of what the script is doing and what folders are moved onto EXT-partition. If everything would so simle as that, even ART mode couldn't overcome the laggynes and the lack of performance after moving everything to sdcard. The script is moving ONLY APKs to the EXT-partition. Dalvik, libs etc remains on the 470 Mb NAND to conserve initial performance. But enen that amount of free space is not enough to run ART experience at it full potential. because of very large dalvik-cache size.

4. EXT partition. Just google, XDA contains tons of manuals and tools to create one. If you'd like to simply try ART 512 MB one will be enough, you'll reach the internal NAND limitation. If you want using it in normal mode you can make the partition as large as you like.

5. Concerning the loss of signal, I think there are some lack of time for the device itself to get the new location of the files, so try this new package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinpvarghese View Post
Those who have issue with signal loss after flash this script there is a way out... Just install Link2sd after flashing the script... Open Link2sd, give super user permissions and Link2sd will automatically create scripts and ask you to reboot.... thats is..... you should be able to get signals after reboot.... You can even uninstall Link2Sd after rebooting....

For me it is working in Mike's latest build, PA final build and Pac man latest build....
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nos1609 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WaterMelon90
Old
Thanks Meter 86
If i update the nightly rom. Am i need to re-flash the zip? This worked with Dalvik too right?
SE Xperia Neo V -> Carbon ROM 4.4.2 - 20140525 build.
MS Surface RT -> Windows RT 8.1
And SURE I am XiaoMI MiFAN!!!

AWESOME rom for Haida :
1) Carbon ROM 4.4.2 (Must try Kitkat!)
2) C-ROM 4.4.2
3) Beanstalk 4.3.1 LITE (Must try 4.3.1)
4) SuperJelly Bean 4.1.2
5) Xperia Ultrakat v2.1.2 with dark kernel 20140320

nos1609
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelon90 View Post
If i update the nightly rom. Am i need to re-flash the zip? This worked with Dalvik too right?
Yes you need to reflash & sure it works with Dalvik
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nos1609 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy4a2
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hello, I really wanted to try this, and partitioned my SD card. Now, i am not able to see the created 1GB ext4 partition. I created that partition with MINITool Partition Wizard. For restoring it, I tried using GParted also but of no use. Out of 7.4 GB, only 6.4 is accessible. Kindly help. And one more thing. Dark Kernel is not even recognizing the SD Card.

WaterMelon90
Old
Thanks Meter 86
@nos1609 , I had tried it in C-rom. I flashed it after the installation of C-rom then reboot. However, it can't boot into system. Anyone faced this problem? I had wait for the boot around 15-20 minutes but it stuck.

Can I:
1) Install rom, reboot into system.
2) Reboot into recovery and flash the zip then reboot.??
SE Xperia Neo V -> Carbon ROM 4.4.2 - 20140525 build.
MS Surface RT -> Windows RT 8.1
And SURE I am XiaoMI MiFAN!!!

AWESOME rom for Haida :
1) Carbon ROM 4.4.2 (Must try Kitkat!)
2) C-ROM 4.4.2
3) Beanstalk 4.3.1 LITE (Must try 4.3.1)
4) SuperJelly Bean 4.1.2
5) Xperia Ultrakat v2.1.2 with dark kernel 20140320

dan15
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelon90 View Post
@nos1609 , I had tried it in C-rom. I flashed it after the installation of C-rom then reboot. However, it can't boot into system. Anyone faced this problem? I had wait for the boot around 15-20 minutes but it stuck.

Can I:
1) Install rom, reboot into system.
2) Reboot into recovery and flash the zip then reboot.??
for me, it's also the only way to boot. nevertheless, i have no signal i tried the 2.1 version but no more success...

gurgao
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default make both the partitions as primary

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy4a2 View Post
Hello, I really wanted to try this, and partitioned my SD card. Now, i am not able to see the created 1GB ext4 partition. I created that partition with MINITool Partition Wizard. For restoring it, I tried using GParted also but of no use. Out of 7.4 GB, only 6.4 is accessible. Kindly help. And one more thing. Dark Kernel is not even recognizing the SD Card.
just make sure u make both the partitions as primary while creating the partitions, i know u must have figured it out in 2 months

badboy4a2
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurgao View Post
just make sure u make both the partitions as primary while creating the partitions, i know u must have figured it out in 2 months
yeah dude. Figured out. Thanks anyways!

atomrat
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Yes it's working like a charm

Wysłane z mojego MT11i przy użyciu Tapatalka
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic1865051_1.gif

dan15
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomrat View Post
Yes it's working like a charm

Wysłane z mojego MT11i przy użyciu Tapatalka
i'm really surprise because i build my rom from mike's sources and i've no succesd with this mod. if it's really ok for the memory use is ok, i've no signal..., so the phone is unusable