Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] upgrading into Android version!

Tip us?

kowsar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] upgrading into Android version!

I would say HTC 8S is really a smart looking phone, but the major problem is apps can't be installed is the SD card where the phone has only 2GB internal memory where most surprisingly the operating system almost grasp all the space so that only 5/6 apps can be installed in this phone.
Can any developer or user can share a solution to overcome this f..king circumstance?
More importantly, I have seen there are few HTC windows phone has the facility to upgrade it operating system into Android. Does this facility applicable for HTC 8S????? If this can be possible please I request someone to come forward to share the procedures.
Regards,
Kowsar

charlatan1978
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi, when windows phone 8.1 comes out (assuming it is released for the HTC 8S) there will be the option to install apps to the SD card.
The developer preview will hopefully be available to download in April sometime, but this isn't for definite.
So it is worth you waiting for another month to see if this helps with your phone.

As far as upgrading to Android, I am not aware of any windows 8 phones that this can be done with.