Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] upgrading into Android version!

OP kowsar

26th March 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I would say HTC 8S is really a smart looking phone, but the major problem is apps can't be installed is the SD card where the phone has only 2GB internal memory where most surprisingly the operating system almost grasp all the space so that only 5/6 apps can be installed in this phone.
Can any developer or user can share a solution to overcome this f..king circumstance?
More importantly, I have seen there are few HTC windows phone has the facility to upgrade it operating system into Android. Does this facility applicable for HTC 8S????? If this can be possible please I request someone to come forward to share the procedures.
Regards,
Kowsar
27th March 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
Hi, when windows phone 8.1 comes out (assuming it is released for the HTC 8S) there will be the option to install apps to the SD card.
The developer preview will hopefully be available to download in April sometime, but this isn't for definite.
So it is worth you waiting for another month to see if this helps with your phone.

As far as upgrading to Android, I am not aware of any windows 8 phones that this can be done with.
7th October 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
htc 8s
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlatan1978

Hi, when windows phone 8.1 comes out (assuming it is released for the HTC 8S) there will be the option to install apps to the SD card.
The developer preview will hopefully be available to download in April sometime, but this isn't for definite.
So it is worth you waiting for another month to see if this helps with your phone.

As far as upgrading to Android, I am not aware of any windows 8 phones that this can be done with.

hi i have htc 8s and the windows 8.1 is not available ,how can i install aps on sd card?
8th October 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
WP 8.1 on HTC8S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker.C91

hi i have htc 8s and the windows 8.1 is not available ,how can i install aps on sd card?

Hi, have you installed the preview for developers?
You can only install apps on the sd card running wp8.1 (not wp8).
7th October 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 53

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowsar

I would say HTC 8S is really a smart looking phone, but the major problem is apps can't be installed is the SD card where the phone has only 2GB internal memory where most surprisingly the operating system almost grasp all the space so that only 5/6 apps can be installed in this phone.
Can any developer or user can share a solution to overcome this f..king circumstance?
More importantly, I have seen there are few HTC windows phone has the facility to upgrade it operating system into Android. Does this facility applicable for HTC 8S????? If this can be possible please I request someone to come forward to share the procedures.
Regards,
Kowsar

for your kind info, none of the Windows phone can be changed to android...coz, android hardware config differ from Windows !

try installing any third party apps to move apps to sd card

hit thanks if this helped

Sent from my Nokia_XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread