Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Samsung logo screen

Tip us?

aquafina2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Stuck on Samsung logo screen

My phone is stuck on the Samsung screen with the logo glowing blue. I've tried to reboot my phone and cleared the cache but it still has the same problem. It won't get past the Samsung logo screen to the lock screen.

I've restarted my phone many times. I've left the battery out for a day. Nothing works.

Prior to this happening, my phone would suddenly restart itself (for example, when I am taking a photo or just simply browsing on my phone); but it would always return back to normal. (Note: my phone is not rooted or anything)

I don't want to perform a factory reset as I have pictures on my phone that are not backed up. Is there any way to retrieve them? (I do not have a SD card on my phone. They are all in the internal storage). My phone won't even connect to my laptop.

Any ideas on the issue? Any help would be much appreciated!

Fasted12
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafina2014 View Post
My phone is stuck on the Samsung screen with the logo glowing blue. I've tried to reboot my phone and cleared the cache but it still has the same problem. It won't get past the Samsung logo screen to the lock screen.

I've restarted my phone many times. I've left the battery out for a day. Nothing works.

Prior to this happening, my phone would suddenly restart itself (for example, when I am taking a photo or just simply browsing on my phone); but it would always return back to normal. (Note: my phone is not rooted or anything)

I don't want to perform a factory reset as I have pictures on my phone that are not backed up. Is there any way to retrieve them? (I do not have a SD card on my phone. They are all in the internal storage). My phone won't even connect to my laptop.

if you wipe data/factory reset, it wont delete your pictures, just dont wipe internal sd
The Following User Says Thank You to Fasted12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jzz
Old
(Last edited by jzz; 28th March 2014 at 12:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

If you have recovery, do the wipe to factory, it won't delete your pictures on the internal sd card. (use recovery to do this)

Or you could also reflash the stock rom using odin
The Following User Says Thank You to jzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aquafina2014
Old
(Last edited by aquafina2014; 31st March 2014 at 12:53 AM.) Reason: Quote
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasted12 View Post
if you wipe data/factory reset, it wont delete your pictures, just dont wipe internal sd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzz View Post
If you have recovery, do the wipe to factory, it won't delete your pictures on the internal sd card. (use recovery to do this)

Thank you so much for your replies.

I attached a photo of what my screen looks like when I clicked 'Wipe data/factory reset.'

If I select 'Yes -- delete all user data' are you absolutely sure my photos will not be deleted?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5466.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	2659685  
The Following User Says Thank You to aquafina2014 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fasted12
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Thank you so much for your replies.

I attached a photo of what my screen looks like when I clicked 'Wipe data/factory reset.'

If I select 'Yes -- delete all user data' are you absolutely sure my photos will not be deleted?
it wont. puts your rom back to "initial install"state. pictures are on ext sd and internal sd/usb. dont wipe these or format usb
The Following User Says Thank You to Fasted12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aquafina2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Quote:
it wont. puts your rom back to "initial install"state. pictures are on ext sd and internal sd/usb. dont wipe these or format usb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzz View Post

Thanks so much for your help. I performed the "wipe to factory" and am glad to say all my photos are still intact.

Thanks again! I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquafina2014 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]