Bridge for Mac
Originally Posted by choboii
I am trying to update to 4.4 through the Sony Bridge on Mac and it recognizes my device, but when I try to update, it says the update engine timed out and sent a report to a technical team. Has anyone else had trouble updating through the Sony Companion? If so did you find a solution? Thanks
I work with Sony Bridge for Mac. If you have the latest version of Bridge (3.7.1), could you please send me error logs so that we can investigate your problem? If you have an older version, please update and if the problem persists, send me error logs then.
Here’s how to get error logs from Sony Bridge for Mac:
1. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the "Phone" menu. Select "Clear logs" to remove all old logs and get a clean start
2. Reproduce the problem you're having, whether it's connecting the phone, importing photos, doing backup...
3. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the ”Xperia” menu. Select "Export logs"
4. On the computers desktop there should now be a file named "SonyBridgeForMacLogs_[date].zip
5. Email that file to "email@example.com"