MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more
Post Reply

Don't use the new themes on 4.3 it causes bootloop

27th March 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi, speak from Brazil.

I'm here to warn you guys that the themes of Sony, those new (cute) themes simple put our Xperia SP to bootloop, don't use them in any circunstances.
I've made a lot of test in the firmware 12.1.0.266 and when i put any of those damn themes and turn off my phone, it justs enter in bootloop mode when i try to turn it on again.

Then i have to use SUS to recovery phone.

I'll repeat

DO NOT USE THE NEW THEMES IN ANY CIRCUNSTANCES.
UNFORTUNATELY SONY MESSED UP OUT PHONE.

just wanna warn you guys, sorry about the english.
27th March 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #2  
jose78987's Avatar
Member
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 17
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690742 this is the solution for Xperia V, T, TX...maybe work in your SP sorry for my bad english
Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
27th March 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Exclamation Problem is that i don't wanna root my phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose78987

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690742 this is the solution for Xperia V, T, TX...maybe work in your SP sorry for my bad english
Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

The problem is that i can't root my phone, don't wanna lose my drm keys or bravia engine...
27th March 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
What themes?i am using the amazing spider themes and it works for me except the volume can't be seen. I tried restarting my phne and still works

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
27th March 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...
27th March 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Yeaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBerto

Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...

Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.
The only fix for that is using sus and wiping all data from the phone.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.
27th March 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #7  
pec0ra's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 441
 
515 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tico_ssa

Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.
The only fix for that is using sus and wiping all data from the phone.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.

How many time did it happen to you?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tico_ssa

Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.
The only fix for that is using sus and wiping all data from the phone.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.

oh.... that's weird indeed...

In my case I has to reboot phone a lot of times with custom themes, trying to get my volume bar again xD and nothing happened.... nor get my volume bar QQ xD
this is then another bug 4.3 related, as always, just happens in certain devices, can u share what model and what file system you have, mine is C5302 global 4.3
And you try using another tft?
27th March 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Location My Firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBerto

oh.... that's weird indeed...

In my case I has to reboot phone a lot of times with custom themes, trying to get my volume bar again xD and nothing happened.... nor get my volume bar QQ xD
this is then another bug 4.3 related, as always, just happens in certain devices, can u share what model and what file system you have, mine is C5302 global 4.3
And you try using another tft?

My model is the C5303, using the 12.1.A.0.266 ANDROID 4.3

Strange issue...
27th March 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Same problem here when I update to 4.3, but I solved the bootloop removing SIM card and starting the phone again, and after that set any stock theme. Try this! maybe it works for you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia SP General by ThreadRank