Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nandroid backup completely dysfunctional

OP Zhuge_Liang

27th March 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

50 posts
So I finally took a shot at flashing a custom ROM ( from stock to unified 4.4 ROM). When I attempted to revert back to stock nandroid backup, everything went completely haywire. The radio was disabled and I got recurring process close errors. All I could do was battery pull and flash back to the ROM.

What do I need to make my nandroid recovery work correctly? I'm on CWM if that matters.
27th March 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,035

2,634 posts
More
Sounds like you didn't wipe correctly..... wipe system ,data, cache and davlik

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
27th March 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

Sounds like you didn't wipe correctly..... wipe system ,data, cache and davlik

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Tried it again, this time the radio is on, but otherwise, same result. Did all wipe options five times just to be sure.
27th March 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 1,674

3,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang

Tried it again, this time the radio is on, but otherwise, same result. Did all wipe options five times just to be sure.

you didnt say what your trying to restore...... is it nab based or mj4 or aosp if its 4.2 mj4 and you were on aosp 4.4.2 you need to wipe internal sd as well. will cause issues. what recovery are you using twrp or philz?
27th March 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420

you didnt say what your trying to restore...... is it nab based or mj4 or aosp if its 4.2 mj4 and you were on aosp 4.4.2 you need to wipe internal sd as well. will cause issues. what recovery are you using twrp or philz?

I was originally flashing a Pac-ROM 4.4.2, then tried to flash back to my stock nandroid. My recovery is CWM, not Philz. Unless I also needed to flash cache partition too? I thought the factory reset option took care of that as well? I'll try this again.

EDIT: Formatted internal SD as well, same result. Got the same process and gapps errors. I really have no clue as to what other options I have. Perhaps loading up a ROM just to use that Philz recovery?
Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; 27th March 2014 at 11:34 PM.
28th March 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

50 posts
Yep, PhilZ recovery was the difference maker. I guess I'm done with CWM for good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread