Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Give an App Higher priority?

Tip us?

Soulj4h
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Exclamation How to Give an App Higher priority?

Hi,

So there are a few apps which I want staying in memory. I.E. I don't want Android to kill it. Is there such an app that can do this and if not, is there a script? I believe Super Charger? If Super Charger, how do I use it?

To summarize, I want a few apps (the phone, the messaging, true caller, and ex dialer) to get highest priority/never die.

Is this possible?
ROM: CM10 Nightly #4 [md5sum: b238c8c93ddc0464a9aaa6f90217115a]
Baseband: 120420 LGSU660AT-00-V20m-450-05-APR-20-2012+0.fls
Kernel: None yet

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulj4h View Post
Hi,

So there are a few apps which I want staying in memory. I.E. I don't want Android to kill it. Is there such an app that can do this and if not, is there a script? I believe Super Charger? If Super Charger, how do I use it?

To summarize, I want a few apps (the phone, the messaging, true caller, and ex dialer) to get highest priority/never die.

Is this possible?
Check for an app on Play Store.
It is called "Pimp My ROM".
It has 2 versions 'Alpha' and 'Beta'

One of them (or maybe both, I don't remember exactly) has the option to lock app in memory. But this options works only for ICS+.

If above options does not work
Also alternately you can try Lower OOM value of these apps using ROM Toolbox Pro.

Press Thanks if helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
priority