Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast connected to network but could not access the internet fix

Tip us?

toomuchespresso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chromecast connected to network but could not access the internet fix

This is a general fix for the common problem of Chromecast connecting to your wifi but not accessing the internet. On my connection the Chromecast would work sporadically and then drop. I have two Buffalo routers with one as a wireless bridge and both running DD-WRT. All I had to do was set the DNS to Google's servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

EarlyMon
Old
Thanks Meter 515
I didn't have that problem but I had to set mine the same way to access my favorite gun and cooking sites.

One day, my ISP simply could not resolve their names - and I know that the servers are not involved in anything nefarious.

I think a lot of ISPs can be explained by Hanlon's razor .
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
Every now and again ISPs have DNS issues. Happens to Comcast every few months as well.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'