New malware threat

OP omnius1

27th March 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157

386 posts
This just came out:

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs...itcoin-payout/

In summary, an app legitimately installed from Play Store can use your bandwidth, CPU power, and battery power to mine bitcoins for the developer, shortening your battery life, extending charging times, and using your data plan costing you money.

What I need from you guys in light of this is recommendations for an app permission denial app that works on Jellybean and kitkat. I want to be able to completely disable internet access for any app I choose. I used to use LBE Privacy Guard but it's ratings have taken a nosedive. Any suggestions?
28th March 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157

386 posts
Wow nobody cares it seems. That blows my mind considering the gravity of Play Store apps being discovered to contain malware 2 years in a row now.
29th March 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Thanks Meter: 473

1,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnius1

This just came out:

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs...itcoin-payout/

In summary, an app legitimately installed from Play Store can use your bandwidth, CPU power, and battery power to mine bitcoins for the developer, shortening your battery life, extending charging times, and using your data plan costing you money.

What I need from you guys in light of this is recommendations for an app permission denial app that works on Jellybean and kitkat. I want to be able to completely disable internet access for any app I choose. I used to use LBE Privacy Guard but it's ratings have taken a nosedive. Any suggestions?

You can use Xposed module called as XPrivacy.
It can deny permissions of apps. I don't know if it works on JB or Kitkat.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread