Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Watch ESPN login issues

Tip us?

casey225
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Watch ESPN login issues

Ever since the last WatchESPN update 2.0.0.0 which was in NOVEMBER - when I try to watch something on my TFP, I choose my provider and then it dims the screen but never brings up the login page. I emailed their support in NOVEMBER and I got a reply that they were aware of the problem and were working on it. Needless to say nothing has happened. Anyway, it works fine on my GS4, does anyone know the file which stores your provider login credentials that I can copy to my other device or a file that can be modified on the TFP that would make it work? I have root on both devices - I tried copying the data\data\air.watchespn folder from the GS4 to the TFP but no success.

Lavman72
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey225 View Post
Ever since the last WatchESPN update 2.0.0.0 which was in NOVEMBER - when I try to watch something on my TFP, I choose my provider and then it dims the screen but never brings up the login page. I emailed their support in NOVEMBER and I got a reply that they were aware of the problem and were working on it. Needless to say nothing has happened. Anyway, it works fine on my GS4, does anyone know the file which stores your provider login credentials that I can copy to my other device or a file that can be modified on the TFP that would make it work? I have root on both devices - I tried copying the data\data\air.watchespn folder from the GS4 to the TFP but no success.
I had the exact same issue on my Prime. Emailed ESPN support. They responded. Their solution was to delete the app that I had downloaded from the Google Play store, and install the one from the Amazon App store. Stupid...but it worked. I just checked, and the version that I downloaded from Amazon is v 2.0.0.0
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337)
Transformer Prime
The Following User Says Thank You to Lavman72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

casey225
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavman72 View Post
I had the exact same issue on my Prime. Emailed ESPN support. They responded. Their solution was to delete the app that I had downloaded from the Google Play store, and install the one from the Amazon App store. Stupid...but it worked. I just checked, and the version that I downloaded from Amazon is v 2.0.0.0
Did you do an update after you downloaded? I just checked Amazon and it is listed as 1.6.6.1 so I downloaded it just to make sure they had it listed correctly. It is, in fact, 1.6.6.1, which does work on my prime. I went into my app updates and there isn't an update for this app on the Amazon appstore.

Lavman72
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Did you do an update after you downloaded? I just checked Amazon and it is listed as 1.6.6.1 so I downloaded it just to make sure they had it listed correctly. It is, in fact, 1.6.6.1, which does work on my prime. I went into my app updates and there isn't an update for this app on the Amazon appstore.
I'm trying to think back on what I did. I uploaded the app from Amazon...and it worked. Shortly after that I decided to root and install CM 10.2 (4.3.1). When I re-loaded apps from the Play Store, WatchESPN worked.
Transformer Prime

casey225
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavman72 View Post
I'm trying to think back on what I did. I uploaded the app from Amazon...and it worked. Shortly after that I decided to root and install CM 10.2 (4.3.1). When I re-loaded apps from the Play Store, WatchESPN worked.
Interesting. When I unlocked and flashed HairyBean about 2 months ago I updated to 2.0.0.0 through Play store and it worked. I made Ti backup of it, but, having battery drain issues with the rom and had to reflash. After that 2.0.0.0 won't work anymore. Just about every other app saves your credentials and still works after an update without having to login again - except this one!

Lavman72
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Interesting. When I unlocked and flashed HairyBean about 2 months ago I updated to 2.0.0.0 through Play store and it worked. I made Ti backup of it, but, having battery drain issues with the rom and had to reflash. After that 2.0.0.0 won't work anymore. Just about every other app saves your credentials and still works after an update without having to login again - except this one!
Maybe a stupid question...but did you re-install from the Play Store, or did you restore via Titanium Backup? In my case i re-installed from the Play Store. No backups restored via TB. I used it as an opportunity to clear my Prime of all the crap that had built up over the years, and only download the apps that I use.
Transformer Prime