Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Audio output reviews and opinions

Tip us?

daddydark
Old
(Last edited by daddydark; 29th March 2014 at 05:13 AM.) Reason: update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Audio output reviews and opinions

Im interested in your opinions of the audio output through earphones or headphones.
Post some reviews, personal reviews
Here is a review i found that goes in depth about the M8 audio abilities
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p7.php.

I took some time listening with yamaha eph -100s and the amp is powerful, nice sound stage and very clean. I think it sounds better with boom sound off on some tracks.

daddydark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Coming from the Lg g2 i am really impressed with the volume and quality of the audio output to earphones

ryanjsoo
Old
Thanks Meter 110
How loud is minimum volume?, I know the max is load but does that mean minimum volume is also high, I like listening to music quietly at night, is the base volume much higher than your other phones?

daddydark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjsoo View Post
How loud is minimum volume?, I know the max is load but does that mean minimum volume is also high, I like listening to music quietly at night, is the base volume much higher than your other phones?
It is pretty low, from my experience boom sound makes it a lot louder. It might be good to turn it off for night listening.

bodom_hc
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydark View Post
Coming from the Lg g2 i am really impressed with the volume and quality of the audio output to earphones
I have the g2, hows the battery compare?
was it worth the change?
Tmobile LG G2 - Clean Rom
Nexus 10 - PA 3.99

Previous phones // Samsung Behold // Mytouch 3g slide // MyTouch 4g ] // Mytouch 4g slide // Htc One S // Galaxy s3 // Nexus 4 // LG G2

Dsoto87
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodom_hc View Post
was it worth the change?
I came from the G2 and the battery isn't as good but it shouldn't come as a surprise considering mah ratings. I'm a heavy user but the m8 still gets me by. I don't have any regrets switching.

daddydark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodom_hc View Post
was it worth the change?
I Can honestly say the m8 is as good or better in battery life. I dont have any data to back it up, but in my everyday heavy to moderate use I can easily go 24 hrs before needing a charge.

Dsoto87
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydark View Post
I Can honestly say the m8 is as good or better in battery life. I dont have any data to back it up, but in my everyday heavy to moderate use I can easily go 24 hrs before needing a charge.
Lol no way. I love the m8 more than any phone I've ever had but the g2 trumps the one in battery life noticeably. I know we all love this phone but let's not let that blind us when giving advice.

daddydark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsoto87 View Post
Lol no way. I love the m8 more than any phone I've ever had but the g2 trumps the one in battery life noticeably. I know we all love this phone but let's not let that blind us when giving advice.
Sorry you disagree friend, But from my usage I can go 24 hours of what i call moderate to heavy use, chromecasting netflix while web surfing browsing and downloading apps and so on and believe me when I say 24 hours.
Everyone uses their device differently so feel free to share your experience. By the way this thread is about audio.

Darkseth
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsoto87 View Post
http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-O...urance_id54352

And now back to audio