Ask a question

No registration required

how to update rom and kernel?

OP Thunderbolt8

27th March 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

75 posts
been about 2 years since I last update my I9000, I dont know what to do any more. does anyone have any instructions?

I am on a gingerbread 2.3.6 and F1 Galaxy SII mod and now want to update to Kitkat 4.4.2 C-Rom with Semaphore 3.4.3 kernel

I have downloaded the rom and the kernel zip files and I have odin 1.85. but I dont know what I have to do now any more. do I have to use odin to flash the kernel now? how do I do that again, I dont know what all the different buttons mean in odin.
do I then have to copy the rom onto the sdcard and install from there? and what needs to be wiped?
28th March 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8

do I then have to copy the rom onto the sdcard and install from there? and what needs to be wiped?

This should help you the normal procedures for upgrading or downgrading

[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

30th March 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
If you already have cwm recovery just put the files on your phone, then make a backup of your apps/contacts, do a full wipe (factory reset) and flash CM11(I think it's safer to flash cm 11 first). Then flash kitkat rom, kitkat kernel & gapps you want !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread