Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA fails on rooted d802

Tip us?

seth4u
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default OTA fails on rooted d802

I have a rooted d802 on 4.2.2 (80210e-eur-xx).
When I try to install the update it attempts to install, then gives an error code in the "please don't turn off your phone during update" screen and reboots, telling me that it suspects root and can't install the update

I was under the impression that this should work and specifically chose Ota to keep root with the survival mode

shafrox
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth4u View Post
When I try to install the update it attempts to install, then gives an error code in the "please don't turn off your phone during update" screen and reboots, telling me that it suspects root and can't install the update

I was under the impression that this should work and specifically chose Ota to keep root with the survival mode
Experienced the same issue. i had to flash my phone back to original firmware and do the OTA update. Flashing removed the root and enabled me to OTA kitkat upgrade.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth4u View Post

If you have modified anything like removing/freezing bloatware, xposed framework, or modified anything in the system it will suspect your phone of rooting

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]