Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Losing the aluminium coating around the case.

OP prudhivisekhar

28th March 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1

74 posts
More
Hi,

I have a white color of the phone. The aluminium coating around the sides of the phone is losing. Is there any way we can apply or change the coating. Cant see the phone becoming ugly. Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Sekhar
28th March 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudhivisekhar

Hi,

I have a white color of the phone. The aluminium coating around the sides of the phone is losing. Is there any way we can apply or change the coating. Cant see the phone becoming ugly. Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Sekhar

I think the best thing to do is to buy a good case(bumper type). Don't try applying any chemicals as they may cause adverse reactions. I've got issues with my ZL as well although it's black. The power button with the chrome finish is fading off and it looks butt ugly.
29th March 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1

74 posts
More
Ha. Bought the Incipio case, But the the phone look without the case is a simply beauty. Well there is no other option apart using case.
2nd April 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 110

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GECF6

I think the best thing to do is to buy a good case(bumper type). Don't try applying any chemicals as they may cause adverse reactions. I've got issues with my ZL as well although it's black. The power button with the chrome finish is fading off and it looks butt ugly.

Well there is no bumper type case like Xperia Z. if there is any its very hard to find
15th April 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 427

1,636 posts
Ive got the red ZL and it has held up great besides the stupid shatterproof sheet being scratched all to hell. Either way I am very happy with how its held up but my sides arent aluminum they are polycarbonate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aluminium coating
Previous Thread Next Thread