Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

DashClock. How to make it my default lock screen?

OP murf43143

28th March 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
I want to thank everyone on here for the replies over the last two days on my other questions.

One thing I want is to get DashClock as the default lock screen, but I can only get it to the "screen on the right of my normal launch screen" and am unable to delete the default lock screen and make DashClock take over the "one on the left" that is the default.

Has anyone gotten DashClock to work properly with the new HTC One, and if so, please tell me how.

Thank you all,
28th March 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
I haven't been able to figure out how to get a different widget on the "main" homescreen, either. I was able to swipe to the left (to go right) and place a widget on that homescreen, but no way to change the default that I can see.
28th March 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #3  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 585
 
2,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall

I haven't been able to figure out how to get a different widget on the "main" homescreen, either. I was able to swipe to the left (to go right) and place a widget on that homescreen, but no way to change the default that I can see.

Not sure I understand your issue. You can remove the default widget(s) on the device by simply pressing and holding, then dragging them off the screen. You can also modify the home screens in Settings --> Personalize --> Manage Home Screen Pages. You can switch which screen is "home" and even remove a whole screen.

As far as adding apps/widgets/homescreens, just press and hold a blank space on the screen and utilize the dropdown menu.

I have Dashclock running just fine on my M8, and use it for Daydream. Only issue I don't like is that to get it to Daydream horizontally, I have to start Daydream manually with the phone horizontal. Wish it would autosense that.
Last edited by hgoldner; 28th March 2014 at 06:03 PM.
28th March 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

Not sure I understand your issue. You can remove the default widget(s) on the device by simply pressing and holding, then dragging them off the screen. You can also modify the home screens in Settings --> Personalize --> Manage Home Screen Pages. You can switch which screen is "home" and even remove a whole screen.

As far as adding apps/widgets/homescreens, just press and hold a blank space on the screen and utilize the dropdown menu.

I have Dashclock running just fine on my M8, and use it for Daydream. Only issue I don't like is that to get it to Daydream horizontally, I have to start Daydream manually with the phone horizontal. Wish it would autosense that.

Like everyone else is stating, we can add DashClock to the right, move, edit and remove the DashClock lock widget screen, but it is always to the right of the "home lock screen" thus if I want to see it I need to swipe from the very top of the lock screen to see what is to the right of it.

The "home lock screen" is unable to be "removed' since the "remove" button is greyed out for that, I can only "edit". When I want to remove or edit the DashClock lock screen both the "edit" and "remove" are available, but not on the default lock screen widget.

No one else has bene able to get DashClock on the main lock screen because I can't drag DashClock to the left, and I can't drag the home screen lock widget to the right, even though I can see both when I have DashClock "held down" to move, it just won't go to the left of the defaul "home lock screen" to then make DashClock the default view.
28th March 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

Not sure I understand your issue.

I mistakenly referred to "homescreen" instead of "lockscreen." Sorry for the confusion...
28th March 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #6  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 585
 
2,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall

I mistakenly referred to "homescreen" instead of "lockscreen." Sorry for the confusion...

To tell the truth, I haven't figured out how to add widgets to the lockscreen..... I use a PIN anyway so not sure it would make a difference.
29th March 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #7  
Seahorse's Avatar
Senior Member
Southampton, hants
Thanks Meter: 13
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
Go to Settings > Security > Enable Lock Screen Widget.

Full details...
Last edited by Seahorse; 29th March 2014 at 04:11 AM.
29th March 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Doesn't work you can't move or remove the main lock screen. I can edit and move and lock screens I add to the right, but not the default main one.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #9  
O-2-L's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Co. Galway
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Any update?
Don't suppose anyone have found a solution to this?

Id would be nice to at least be able to add another widget under the stock lockscreen clock widget.
17th April 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
So has anyone figured a way to remove the crappy default lock screen widget? I don't get why anyone would want to use this ****ty one when Dashclock is far superiour.

I still can't remove the main widget OR get the Dashclock to become the main widget "on the left".

Anyone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes