Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DashClock. How to make it my default lock screen?

Tip us?

murf43143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default DashClock. How to make it my default lock screen?

I want to thank everyone on here for the replies over the last two days on my other questions.

One thing I want is to get DashClock as the default lock screen, but I can only get it to the "screen on the right of my normal launch screen" and am unable to delete the default lock screen and make DashClock take over the "one on the left" that is the default.

Has anyone gotten DashClock to work properly with the new HTC One, and if so, please tell me how.

Thank you all,

breakerfall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I haven't been able to figure out how to get a different widget on the "main" homescreen, either. I was able to swipe to the left (to go right) and place a widget on that homescreen, but no way to change the default that I can see.

hgoldner
Old
(Last edited by hgoldner; 28th March 2014 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall View Post
I haven't been able to figure out how to get a different widget on the "main" homescreen, either. I was able to swipe to the left (to go right) and place a widget on that homescreen, but no way to change the default that I can see.
Not sure I understand your issue. You can remove the default widget(s) on the device by simply pressing and holding, then dragging them off the screen. You can also modify the home screens in Settings --> Personalize --> Manage Home Screen Pages. You can switch which screen is "home" and even remove a whole screen.

As far as adding apps/widgets/homescreens, just press and hold a blank space on the screen and utilize the dropdown menu.

I have Dashclock running just fine on my M8, and use it for Daydream. Only issue I don't like is that to get it to Daydream horizontally, I have to start Daydream manually with the phone horizontal. Wish it would autosense that.
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Firmware/ROM: Stock 1.55.605.2
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
Firmware/ROM: 10.6.1.27.5 firmware; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked - KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
Firmware/ROM:: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
Retired devices: HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2

murf43143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
Not sure I understand your issue. You can remove the default widget(s) on the device by simply pressing and holding, then dragging them off the screen. You can also modify the home screens in Settings --> Personalize --> Manage Home Screen Pages. You can switch which screen is "home" and even remove a whole screen.

As far as adding apps/widgets/homescreens, just press and hold a blank space on the screen and utilize the dropdown menu.

I have Dashclock running just fine on my M8, and use it for Daydream. Only issue I don't like is that to get it to Daydream horizontally, I have to start Daydream manually with the phone horizontal. Wish it would autosense that.
Like everyone else is stating, we can add DashClock to the right, move, edit and remove the DashClock lock widget screen, but it is always to the right of the "home lock screen" thus if I want to see it I need to swipe from the very top of the lock screen to see what is to the right of it.

The "home lock screen" is unable to be "removed' since the "remove" button is greyed out for that, I can only "edit". When I want to remove or edit the DashClock lock screen both the "edit" and "remove" are available, but not on the default lock screen widget.

No one else has bene able to get DashClock on the main lock screen because I can't drag DashClock to the left, and I can't drag the home screen lock widget to the right, even though I can see both when I have DashClock "held down" to move, it just won't go to the left of the defaul "home lock screen" to then make DashClock the default view.

breakerfall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
Not sure I understand your issue.
I mistakenly referred to "homescreen" instead of "lockscreen." Sorry for the confusion...

hgoldner
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakerfall View Post
I mistakenly referred to "homescreen" instead of "lockscreen." Sorry for the confusion...
To tell the truth, I haven't figured out how to add widgets to the lockscreen..... I use a PIN anyway so not sure it would make a difference.
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Firmware/ROM: Stock 1.55.605.2
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
Firmware/ROM: 10.6.1.27.5 firmware; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked - KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
Firmware/ROM:: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
Retired devices: HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2

Seahorse
Old
(Last edited by Seahorse; 29th March 2014 at 03:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Go to Settings > Security > Enable Lock Screen Widget.

Full details...
"And regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, Deep Sea Daddies...

My Movies

murf43143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Doesn't work you can't move or remove the main lock screen. I can edit and move and lock screens I add to the right, but not the default main one.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
Sprint - HTC One M8

O-2-L
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Any update?

Don't suppose anyone have found a solution to this?

Id would be nice to at least be able to add another widget under the stock lockscreen clock widget.

murf43143
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
So has anyone figured a way to remove the crappy default lock screen widget? I don't get why anyone would want to use this ****ty one when Dashclock is far superiour.

I still can't remove the main widget OR get the Dashclock to become the main widget "on the left".

Anyone?