Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 50,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT and T-MOBILE

Tip us?

fuzio1963
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] ATT and T-MOBILE

That might be a weird (don't want to use word "stupid") question. I have rooted, unlocked ATT branded Flex, running currently on T-Mo network.
Questions;
1. Is there a way i can somehow port T-Mo stock Rom into it?
2. How do i get rid of the ATT bloat on my Flex?? I was trying BloatFree app, but with it i was not able even see installed ATT apps..

Anything will be appreciated.
LG G Flex
Galaxy Note 3 - its history now!
Some other crapp.....

Da Kine
Old
Thanks Meter 1429

DONATE TO ME
Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fuzio1963
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine View Post
Really can't do anything with roms until we have a custom recovery for the Flex, but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.

I like root explorer for taking care of bloat, but there are other apps that can take care of bloat as well, you just need to look for them. There's also a list floating around with a list of apps that are safe to remove (I suggest finding and reading this list before removing anything).

Thank you for advices.
And to ".................. but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.................." - the point, for example is, tethering, or mobile hot spots, if you will. Now, Internet (data) works just fine, 4G, and LTE too. But, becuase (I am guessing) Att Radio is different than T-Mo, i cannot get it to tether, even that "legal" 3GB tether T-Mo allows you to.
LG G Flex
Galaxy Note 3 - its history now!
Some other crapp.....

nerdfacenyan
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine View Post

Tethering and mobile hotspot, as well as wifi calling for T-Mobile specifically.
iPhone 5S, T-Mobile. iOS 8 Beta 5
Google Nexus 5, T-Mobile. L Preview
LG G3, T-Mobile. Rooted Stock.
HTC Rezound,Verizon. Stock. On loan to a friend.
iPad Air, T-Mobile. iOS 8 Beta 5
HTC HD2, Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Gathering dust on my desk.
Infrequent poster. T-Mobile Sales Representative. I don't speak in an official capacity for anyone but myself.

Da Kine
Old
Thanks Meter 1429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan View Post
Tethering and mobile hotspot, as well as wifi calling for T-Mobile specifically.
Read that in the post above yours, thanks for retyping it though.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzio1963 View Post
Thank you for advices.
And to ".................. but even then, I don't see the point of running a ROM that belongs to another variant of the device.................." - the point, for example is, tethering, or mobile hot spots, if you will. Now, Internet (data) works just fine, 4G, and LTE too. But, becuase (I am guessing) Att Radio is different than T-Mo, i cannot get it to tether, even that "legal" 3GB tether T-Mo allows you to.
I should have been more clear when I said that I didn't see the point of running a rom that belongs to another variant. From my experience in the past with other phones and flashing ported roms, not all of the features were functional. Maybe it'll be different with the Flex.

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2842

DONATE TO ME
1. when we have a recovery you may be able to flash the sock deodexed T-Mobile ROM I posted. No promises it'll work.

2. I use es file explorer and delete then, but you could try titanium backup

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk