No registration required

[Q] Flash Stock Rom/Change SKU without Root

OP MyHTCFlyerProblems

29th March 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey Guys,
I would like to change my SKU. I've found this thread and used the method mentioned there, but it doesn't work for me. I got a VF SKU and would like to change to WW on my TF300TG.

At the moment i've got Android 4.1.1, so I downloaded WW_epad-10_6_2_8-UpdateLauncher from asus.com. I know it's not the latest firmware, but I would like to try the OTA update after flashing the firmware. (just to see whether it works or whether the Firmware Updates are Mac-bound)
So I downloaded the file, unzipped WW_epad-user-10.6.2.8 and renamed it into EP101_SDUPDATE. Then I put it onto the root of my microSD and went into recovery mode, but there nothing happens. When I choose RCK, I only see that green Android thing with a red !. What did I wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards
Last edited by MyHTCFlyerProblems; 29th March 2014 at 06:39 PM.
29th March 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 384

1,097 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHTCFlyerProblems

Hey Guys,
I would like to change my SKU. I've found this thread and used the method mentioned there, but it doesn't work for me. I got a VF SKU and would like to change to WW on my TF300TG.

At the moment i've got Android 4.1.1, so I downloaded WW_epad-10_6_2_8-UpdateLauncher from asus.com. I know it's not the latest firmware, but I would like to try the OTA update after flashing the firmware. (just to see whether it works or whether the Firmware Updates are Mac-bound)
So I downloaded the file, extracted WW_epad-user-10.6.2.8 and renamed it into EP101_SDUPDATE. Then I put it onto the root of my microSD and went into recovery mode, but there nothing happens. When I choose RCK, I only see that green Android thing with a red !. What did I wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards

I thought you had to name it:

Code:
EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
Don't forget to unzip the ROM from the first zip file.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thank you, now it works like a charme! I didn't notice that EP101_SDUPDATE.zip is for the Transofmer Pad TF101 where the advice comes from. Thank you very much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread