CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Stuck on firmware upgrade encountered an issue restore

29th March 2014, 10:31 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Please help!!! I tried rooting my device using this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...__utmk=1390275
and after clicking start in odin, the progress bar stopped moving halfway through. I didn't know what to do so i shut down my phone and when i started it back up, i got the message: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again.
Now im stuck on this screen but i can still go into downloading mode.
I am using t-mobile and my phone model is SM-900. I think the problem was because i used the wrong file in odin. Rather than using:SM-N900 (International Exynos) i used SM-N900T (T-Mobile US). Anyway to fix this or am i screwed?Please help.
Last edited by demon09; 29th March 2014 at 11:30 PM.
x102x96x
30th March 2014, 12:08 AM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon09

Please help!!! I tried rooting my device using this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...__utmk=1390275
and after clicking start in odin, the progress bar stopped moving halfway through. I didn't know what to do so i shut down my phone and when i started it back up, i got the message: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again.
Now im stuck on this screen but i can still go into downloading mode.
I am using t-mobile and my phone model is SM-900. I think the problem was because i used the wrong file in odin. Rather than using:SM-N900 (International Exynos) i used SM-N900T (T-Mobile US). Anyway to fix this or am i screwed?Please help.

so go to download mode and flash correct file.
ur phone soft-bricked.
30th March 2014, 12:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
And how do i do that?Sorry if its a dumb question. I have no experience in this.
Last edited by demon09; 30th March 2014 at 12:16 AM.
30th March 2014, 01:25 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon09

And how do i do that?Sorry if its a dumb question. I have no experience in this.

Flash it from download mode
30th March 2014, 01:32 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

Flash it from download mode

What is flashing?
30th March 2014, 01:37 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon09

What is flashing?

I mean try to root back your phone using the correct file per the thread you provided earlier. Launch odin, get into download mode. link the file into pda in odin then start
30th March 2014, 01:50 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

I mean try to root back your phone using the correct file per the thread you provided earlier. Launch odin, get into download mode. link the file into pda in odin then start

Oh i was thinking about trying that but i was afraid i might permanently brick my phone. I will try that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes