Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] E: Can't mount /sdcard/ and no files found

Tip us?

Huhmeister
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] E: Can't mount /sdcard/ and no files found

Ive been having trouble and flashing roms for the past week trying to get my captivate to boot, but i constanly either get into a boot loop or i load into a black screen.

In CWM 5.1.0.7, when i choose "Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard" i get a "E: Can't mount /sdcard/" error.

If i go to "Reformatting, tweaks and more > System Information > Browse directories and files", ill get "No files found." on a few of the directories and my /bin folder only has "init.goldfish.sh" in it. most of them have only bare minimal things in them. (im not sure if this is normal or not)

How should i go about fixing this?

Nihar
Old
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huhmeister View Post
Ive been having trouble and flashing roms for the past week trying to get my captivate to boot, but i constanly either get into a boot loop or i load into a black screen.

In CWM 5.1.0.7, when i choose "Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard" i get a "E: Can't mount /sdcard/" error.

If i go to "Reformatting, tweaks and more > System Information > Browse directories and files", ill get "No files found." on a few of the directories and my /bin folder only has "init.goldfish.sh" in it. most of them have only bare minimal things in them. (im not sure if this is normal or not)

How should i go about fixing this?
i think your internal storage has been corrupted..

Huhmeister
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by n205des View Post
i think your internal storage has been corrupted..
Could there be a fix?

Nihar
Old
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Could there be a fix?
check out this thread!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2648547

Huhmeister
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by n205des View Post
Thanks a million! I atleast got my phone to start up now lol. Is there really no hope for the internal SD? No way to flash it back to normal? It is a software error afterall.

Nihar
Old
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks a million! I atleast got my phone to start up now lol. Is there really no hope for the internal SD? No way to flash it back to normal? It is a software error afterall.
according to me , no there is no hope...
bt according to some users, their sd card came back to life after some time and then got bricked again...
and also no to the stock, it boots up bt cannot really do anything..
you can now use cm10,10.1,10.2, 11 roms using neat kernel..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nihar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]