Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Super sensitive power button(disable?)

OP little8020

30th March 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Attalla, AL
Thanks Meter: 14

127 posts
More
A few weeks ago my power button started freaking out. It has become super sensitive to were if I touch it it will either hit about 3 quick times(screen off, on, off) or bring up the power menu.
I'm running CM so I have volume and home button wake and a lock screen widget on my home screen and in the pull down menu.
My problem is that it is getting more and more sensitive to were I would like to be able to disable the button while the phone is on. Is that possible at all.
Thanks
30th March 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 413

1,746 posts
Donate to Me
More
The beginning of a sticky power button. You'll need to clean it out. Some have said to use canned air, others have said taking it apart. Its a known Samsung issue which I think is why they keep the home button.
4th April 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag windsor
Thanks Meter: 21

148 posts
More
This video made me laugh my ass off until I thought, what the heck, and tried it on my wifes phone and it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSbBG4NV-w

I removed the back cover to get closer to the button and flicked the crap out of both sides of the power button until my finger was killing me, it has been two weeks now with no recurrence of the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to joefloater For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toledo Ohio
Thanks Meter: 55

992 posts
More
If you want to disable the power key in the future, it's under system/usr/keylayout/sec_powerkey.kl

When you open it up you should see this,

key 116 POWER WAKE

To disable it, just change it to this.
#key 116 POWER WAKE

Just make sure to back it up first.
The Following User Says Thank You to vbetts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
You have got to be kidding me. This actually worked. I had previously taken it to a repair shop, and after taking it apart and fiddling with the button and motherboard, they declared it unfixable. I guess they (and I) never thought to physically flick the power button with a fingernail. Hmmm... Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefloater

This video made me laugh my ass off until I thought, what the heck, and tried it on my wifes phone and it worked.

I removed the back cover to get closer to the button and flicked the crap out of both sides of the power button until my finger was killing me, it has been two weeks now with no recurrence of the problem.

8th December 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #6  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 123

288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmannos

You have got to be kidding me. This actually worked. I had previously taken it to a repair shop, and after taking it apart and fiddling with the button and motherboard, they declared it unfixable. I guess they (and I) never thought to physically flick the power button with a fingernail. Hmmm... Thanks for the tip!

LOL!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
button, disable, power
Previous Thread Next Thread