Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[app] fastest keyboard with swype + fix for xmp hw keyboard

Tip us?

SV_25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Smile [app] fastest keyboard with swype + fix for xmp hw keyboard

I found this keyboard while desperately looking for one that would show suggestions when using the hardware keyboard.
This one does, and it also got swype while having a size of less then 500 kb (without dictionary).
It has also got the ability of changing the hardware keyboard layout. Strangely it is enabled by default, so my azerty became a qwerty when using that keyboard. (I didn't know apps could take over a hardware thing???) You can turn it off in the settings -> physical keys -> remap keys. You can also change the hardware layout yourself by changing the 'language keycode' in the same settings pane, however I don't know what you should enter (qwerty is the default at 204).

you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.ime.oh&hl=en
There are some quirks, since it is a beta.
For instance you can't type a web address decently, as it will always put a space behind a dot (unless you turn off 'insert space after swype')
Also, It will by default use auto-correction on password and log in fields, which you can also turn off by deselecting 'always predict'.

I almost forgot to mention one thing: it's by fr the fastest keyboard I have ever seen. Even after coldboot, the keyboard will popup instantly after hitting a text field.
The Following User Says Thank You to SV_25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Amir Hoseinina
Old
Thanks Meter 89
thanks bro

novArno
Old
Thanks Meter 80
finaly an alternative to swiftkey I'll test that

arvarobert
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Good work!