Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

craiglist s4, ended up with bad imei, my options now..

OP endofwed

30th March 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

73 posts
I found this site called theunlockpros which claims to clean imeis. I cant seem to find any reviews for this site. There are a few reviews off the 'ripoffreport' but it seems inconclusive.

Is this a total scam?

On the website, it says they accomplish this by

Quote:

What we can do is replace the IMEI number of the blacklisted phone with an IMEI number from a phone that is not blacklisted. We have a stock pile of salvage phones that are damaged beyond repair and we use the IMEI numbers from those phones to replace the blacklisted IMEI of your phone.

Is this bs? This process seems very sketchy.

Quote:

ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT, A RECEIPT WILL BE SENT TO YOUR EMAIL. ON THAT RECEIPT, NEXT TO THE SERVICE DESCRIPTION, YOU WILL SEE A "DOWNLOAD FILE" LINK. CLICK ON THAT LINK AND THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SETUP YOUR COMPUTER AND PHONE WILL DOWNLOAD TO YOUR COMPUTER. THEN SETUP YOUR COMPUTER AND PHONE PER THE INSTRUCTIONS. IT TAKES ABOUT 5 MINUTES. THE SETUP PROCESS IS SIMPLE. THE NON-TECHNICAL USER WAS KEPT IN MIND WHEN CREATING THE INSTRUCTIONS. IF YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL A FILE, YOU CAN DO IT! AFTER COMPLETING THE SETUP PROCESS ONE OF OUR SERVICE TECHS WILL CONNECT WITH YOU AND REPAIR YOUR IMEI. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!

30th March 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 256

1,609 posts
Sounds pretty shady. Replacing your imei is illegal so whatever this site claims to do, I wouldn't trust it.
30th March 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 35

100 posts
More
GS4 screens are really expensive...you could probably sell it for parts
30th March 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
I ran into this site awhile back b/c I kept seeing posts about "cleaning" IMEI numbers on CL. I figure it was a scam but was still curious if this site was real. You can always sell it on eBay for parts. I bought a new s4 screen on eBay for $200. I'm sure you can get some money back.
30th March 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #5  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
More
What's a bad imei(blacklisted)? Who blacklists? When I lost my iPhone 4s, I called Fido and they said too f**king bad. They couldn't help me and they don't blacklist nor did Apple(when I called them a year ago).
30th March 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRoN_1

What's a bad imei(blacklisted)? Who blacklists? When I lost my iPhone 4s, I called Fido and they said too f**king bad. They couldn't help me and they don't blacklist nor did Apple(when I called them a year ago).

You can call any carrier in the US and report your phone lost or stolen. Bad IMEI is a result in "blacklisted". I believe iPhones and iPads have the ability to put the device in lost mode and lock the device out so it won't be activated on another iCloud account.
31st March 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 813

2,064 posts
Report the sale / seller to the police. More than likely they are scammers and reported the phone lost or stolen after the sale to get insurance money or a free / cheap replacement. That is why you should never buy a phone from Craigslist or anywhere else without having the deal completed at an AT&T where they can verify the IMEI and owner or at a Police station where a record of the sale can be referenced if needed. Of course, it is too late for you now. Doing anything to a blacklisted IMEI is illegal and is not condoned or discussed at XDA.
31st March 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

64 posts
You could unlock the phone and sell it to someone in another country
Last edited by numbere; 31st March 2014 at 02:11 AM.
3rd July 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 325

479 posts
More
Thumbs down
I understand unblocking blocked IMEI numbers from a phone is illegal but where do others expect to get some advice or at least learn a thing or two if not on xda ? off to reddit I go
3rd July 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,542

10,264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemErrorOne

I understand unblocking blocked IMEI numbers from a phone is illegal but where do others expect to get some advice or at least learn a thing or two if not on xda ? off to reddit I go

How'd you make it to a RC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread