Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Fingerprint Scanner Fix...

OP justjayhere

30th March 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212

671 posts
The fingerprint scanner will only work if the Boot loader is Locked

Edit: "AND you reset the Tampered flag"!!!

... This is not a Rom issue. A tool is available on the HTC One forum that works on our device as well.

Edit: Please note that Roms that are Ported from other devices that do not have a fingerprint scanner might not have all the needed software for the fingerprint scanner on the One Max to work regardless of boot loader being on and tampered flag fixed!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527194

[TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI

I have personally tested this on my Verizon HTC One Max running a different Rom then stock (ViperMAX) and personally confirm it works.

I take no credit for this Tool.. just sharing the link and info.

Feel free to share One Max experience in this forum.

And don't forget to thank "Chusholot" when visiting the link above to download the Tool.

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris
Last edited by justjayhere; 31st March 2014 at 01:24 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justjayhere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 339

1,393 posts
More
Can you please add to OP that fingerprint scanner will not work unless you lock bootloader AND reset the Tampered flag. I keep seeing people going in circles because they only get half the information required for the fix. Most of the discussion is in the bootloader thread and unfortunately most people dont want to try to track all the info down before asking over and over. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212

671 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx

Can you please add to OP that fingerprint scanner will not work unless you lock bootloader AND reset the Tampered flag. I keep seeing people going in circles because they only get half the information required for the fix. Most of the discussion is in the bootloader thread and unfortunately most people dont want to try to track all the info down before asking over and over. Thanks.

Will do... Thanks for the reminder

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris
The Following User Says Thank You to justjayhere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,521

3,493 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx

I didn't reset the tampered flag and my scanner works fine

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Hermitage
Thanks Meter: 231

1,514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

I didn't reset the tampered flag and my scanner works fine

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Yea mine too...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app
1st April 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 339

1,393 posts
More
Really?!?! I wonder if it was model specific? I think I recall my Verizon one scanning three tines but not truly accepting a fingerprint until they were both done.

*Also I thought there was like 100 convos going on where the resolution was to reset tampered as well...?
Last edited by Jiggity Janx; 1st April 2014 at 02:40 PM.
22nd November 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #7  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 6

39 posts
More
Question
Hy!I installed this fix but my question is if I can go back to locked status with stock recovery image and how do I do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread