Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Disable capacitive button light ?

OP Blackus17

31st March 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Thalassery, Kannur
Thanks Meter: 15

90 posts
More
It's been 4 years of Galaxy S I9000 and no developer has yet developed a method to turn off the capacitive button light. This is very necessary as it could help with the very low battery capacity. I strongly request developers to concentrate their skills on this, to disable the light and thereby prevent the irritation to eye during the night & save a lot of juice.
Please Help
Thanks
1st April 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackus17

It's been 4 years of Galaxy S I9000 and no developer has yet developed a method to turn off the capacitive button light. This is very necessary as it could help with the very low battery capacity. I strongly request developers to concentrate their skills on this, to disable the light and thereby prevent the irritation to eye during the night & save a lot of juice.
Please Help
Thanks

Pardon me if I misunderstood your question.
If you just want the buttons not to turn on when receiving an sms (i.e. acting as notification led) then CyanogenMod has that option, just go into Settings->CyanogenMod->Audio->Quiet hours (or something to that effect), set from, say, 2:00 to 1:59 (all day minus 1') and check last option (Dim LED or something).
If you want them not to light up under any circumstance, well, I don't think I'd use that setting but I guess it'd be nice to have!
1st April 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Thalassery, Kannur

90 posts
More
I want the lights permanently disabled.
2nd April 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 99

492 posts
More
Try adding qemu.hw.mainkeys =0 to the build.prop file of your phone. Just let me know if that helped. PS: If you're using Nightlies, the build.prop file keeps resetting.
3rd April 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Thalassery, Kannur

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram

Try adding qemu.hw.mainkeys =0 to the build.prop file of your phone. Just let me know if that helped. PS: If you're using Nightlies, the build.prop file keeps resetting.

No.. it doesn't work . I already tried it many times before starting this thread.
3rd April 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag Pune

492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackus17

No.. it doesn't work . I already tried it many times before starting this thread.

Say, are you on a Custom ROM?
5th April 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #7  
Flag Pune

492 posts
More
On certain custom ROMs, they do act as a notification LED. So, that stays on until you turn in the phone. So all you have to is go to Settings>Display>Notification Lights (it will be called something similar) and then turn it off. Some ROMs could have a different way to turn it off. Also, I don't think that you lose battery when they turn on as you click on the buttons.

Cheers! The thanks button is right there... Just saying..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread