Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable capacitive button light ?

Tip us?

Blackus17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Disable capacitive button light ?

It's been 4 years of Galaxy S I9000 and no developer has yet developed a method to turn off the capacitive button light. This is very necessary as it could help with the very low battery capacity. I strongly request developers to concentrate their skills on this, to disable the light and thereby prevent the irritation to eye during the night & save a lot of juice.
Please Help
Thanks
Sent from Blackus17's Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

CayetanoVelocity
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackus17 View Post
It's been 4 years of Galaxy S I9000 and no developer has yet developed a method to turn off the capacitive button light. This is very necessary as it could help with the very low battery capacity. I strongly request developers to concentrate their skills on this, to disable the light and thereby prevent the irritation to eye during the night & save a lot of juice.
Please Help
Thanks
Pardon me if I misunderstood your question.
If you just want the buttons not to turn on when receiving an sms (i.e. acting as notification led) then CyanogenMod has that option, just go into Settings->CyanogenMod->Audio->Quiet hours (or something to that effect), set from, say, 2:00 to 1:59 (all day minus 1') and check last option (Dim LED or something).
If you want them not to light up under any circumstance, well, I don't think I'd use that setting but I guess it'd be nice to have!

Blackus17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I want the lights permanently disabled.

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Try adding qemu.hw.mainkeys =0 to the build.prop file of your phone. Just let me know if that helped. PS: If you're using Nightlies, the build.prop file keeps resetting.

Blackus17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram View Post
Try adding qemu.hw.mainkeys =0 to the build.prop file of your phone. Just let me know if that helped. PS: If you're using Nightlies, the build.prop file keeps resetting.
No.. it doesn't work . I already tried it many times before starting this thread.

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackus17 View Post
No.. it doesn't work . I already tried it many times before starting this thread.
Say, are you on a Custom ROM?

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 80
On certain custom ROMs, they do act as a notification LED. So, that stays on until you turn in the phone. So all you have to is go to Settings>Display>Notification Lights (it will be called something similar) and then turn it off. Some ROMs could have a different way to turn it off. Also, I don't think that you lose battery when they turn on as you click on the buttons.

Cheers! The thanks button is right there... Just saying..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Not exactly with me) || Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.5 B3 || Paranoid Android 4.6 B1/Paranoid Android 4.6 B1 [Dual]
Kernel: Arrow (TWRP) || Googy-Max 2.3.2 (Devil touch Recovery)
Processor: 100-1200 MHZ || 100-1400 MHZ
Governor: OnDemand || OnDemand